14th August 2015, 08:53 PM
Unregistered

Detailed information about PhD? Differences between PhD and M.Tech? Eligibility to study both?

Hello,
Can somebody tell me what is PhD? What is the difference between PhD and M.Tech? Who will eligible for both courses? Please let me know as soon as possible.

Related Questions:
  1. Detailed information and eligibility to apply in UGC-NET to study PhD in Urdu course?
  2. Detailed information and eligibility to study PhD in English in JNU?
  3. Detailed information and eligibility to study PhD in NIPER?
  4. Can I get admission to study M.Sc and PhD through college if secure good rank in B.Sc course in India? Detailed information about study Physics/Genetics in B.Sc, M.Sc and PhD in Abroad?
  5. Detailed information, eligibility criteria, pattern and cutoff marks required in NMIMS entrance exam to study PhD in Biological Sciences?
  6. Detailed information about the PhD programs offered in ICAR-JRF? Eligibility to get scholarship for PhD?
  7. Eligibility for Ph.D after B.Sc (Computers) and M.Sc (IT)? M.Phil necessary? Does M.Tech help before Ph.D? -- [Most Discussed]
  8. Detailed information, procedure and eligibility to study PhD in ICAR for M.Sc(Agriculture) candidate?
  9. Detailed information and eligibility to apply in JEST to study PhD in Astrophysics for M.Sc(Astrophysics) postgraduate?
  10. Detailed information about PhD(History) program in Calcutta University? Is there any scholarship available to study PhD?
  11. Detailed procedure to study PhD in Abroad for M.Pharmacy candidate?
  12. Detailed information and eligibility to study Integrated PhD in Applied Mathematics in TIFR?
  13. Detailed information about IGNOU centres which offer PhD in Economics course in Southern India?
  14. Detailed information and eligibility to study Ph.D in Social Work for MSW postgraduate?
  15. Detailed information about Ph.D in HR programme?
  16. List of colleges with fee expenses to study PhD in Physiotherapy? Detailed information about it?
  17. How may I do Ph.D without doing M.Tech? How may I get details for the same?
  18. Eligibility criteria to join PhD in AI and Robotics?
4th August 2017, 04:35 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Detailed information about PhD? Differences between PhD and M.Tech? Eligibility to study both?

Detailed Information about PhD :-

PhD is a doctoral program which can be done after completion of Master's Degree. Candidates who are willing to enter into Research filed, are required to pursue this Doctoral program in respective stream. The basic educational qualification required to be eligible for doing Ph.D is "Master's Degree" or Post Graduation in concerned stream with minimum 55% marks from a recognized university.

Difference Between PhD and M.Tech:

PhD is a Doctoral program that can be pursued after completion of Master's Degree. Whereas, M.Tech is a Master's Degree that can be done after completion of Bachelor Degree. i.e., candidates who have done their B.E/ B.Tech are eligible to apply for pursuing M.Tech course.

The basic educational qualification required to be eligible for doing M.Tech is Bachelor's Degree with minimum 60% marks. This is the basic difference between PhD and M.Tech.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?