17th August 2015, 01:38 PM
Unregistered

Can I study PhD in Social Work/Sociology being a Psychology postgraduate and having 12 years of working experience in Drugs and HIV/AIDS?

Dear All,
I have completed my M.A. in Psychology and have been working in the field of Drugs and HIV/AIDS for the past 12 years. I am interested in doing PhD. Can I do my PhD in Social Work or Sociology Department? My area of study will be Drug Use or HIV/AIDS.

Related Questions:
  1. Universities offering Distance PhD in Information Technology to M.Sc(IT) postgraduate who has 10 years of working experience?
  2. Is it possible to study PhD in Abroad for Distance M.Sc(Psychology) postgraduate? -- [New]
  3. Detailed information and eligibility to study Ph.D in Social Work for MSW postgraduate?
  4. Eligibility to study PhD for correspondence Master in Social Work postgraduate?
  5. Duration of Ph.D in Clinical Psychology program?
  6. Detailed admission procedure to study Distance PhD in HR for a candidate who has 8 years of work experience?
  7. List of universities which offer PhD in Management course to MBA postgraduate who has work experience?
  8. Criteria and fee for PhD in Psychology?
  9. Can I study PhD in English if having 23 years of Teaching experience? List of Universities in Karnataka? -- [Most Discussed]
  10. Where should I study PhD in Zoology through Distance Education being a postgraduate?
  11. Will I be able to study Master's in Clinical Psychology if completed PGD and have 10 years of work experience?
  12. Best universities which I can opt for M.Phil or Ph.D in Psychology?
  13. Procedure to study PhD in Management in Abroad for MBA postgraduate? Total expenses to study PhD in Abroad?
  14. Procedure to study PhD in Education for M.Ed postgraduate?
  15. How can I do PhD while working in government organisation?
  16. Mechanical engineer with 4 years work experience is eligible to do PhD in Mathematics? What route to take for pursuing PhD in Mathematics?
  17. How to do PhD in Mathematics having 2 years teaching experience after M.Phil?
  18. Possibility to study Part Time PhD in Commerce for M.Com postgraduate who is working in Dubai?

18th October 2016, 02:50 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I study PhD in Social Work/Sociology being a Psychology postgraduate and having 12 years of working experience in Drugs and HIV/AIDS?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Dear All,
I have completed my M.A. in Psychology and have been working in the field of Drugs and HIV/AIDS for the past 12 years. I am interested in doing PhD. Can I do my PhD in Social Work or Sociology Department? My area of study will be Drug Use or HIV/AIDS.

Yes, you can study PhD in Social Work being a Psychology postgraduate and having 12 years of working experience in Drugs and HIV/AIDS. The candidates should have Master’s Degree in Social Work/ Sociology/ Psychology/ Community Health/ Development Studies from any recognized university with a minimum of 55% marks are eligible to apply for the PhD in Social Work course in Amity Institute of Social Sciences. You have to apply online for the admission to the PhD program. You will be admitted to the course on the basis of your performance in the PhD Entrance Test (PET) and Interview on the same day. The written test will be online test. The Amity Institute of Social Sciences website link is given Click Here

Do you have any question? or have anything to say?