19th August 2015, 10:33 PM
Unregistered

How can I open Pathology Laboratory being a Microbiology graduate and Diploma holder in Medical Laboratory Technology having 10 years of experience?

Hello Everyone,
I am a B.Sc(Microbiology) graduate and completed Diploma in Medical Laboratory Technology. I have 10 years of experience and want to open my own Pathology Laboratory. Please tell me how I can open?

Related Questions:
  1. Which courses can I do after completing DMLT from Mumbai University?
  2. How to do MSc in Pathology or Microbiology or Biochemistry from correspondence ocurse? I am working as Laborary Technician after doing B.Sc(Non Medical) and diploma in laboratory Technician
  3. Am I eligible to open my own Pathology Laboratory after doing MSc Microbiology and DMLT?
  4. Information on B.Sc MLT course and schedule of exam in Kerala?
  5. Procedure to apply for MD Pathology course after completing BSc and diploma course in Medical laboratory?
  6. Eligibility for M.Sc(Microbiology) after B.Sc(Microbiology) and DMLT nearly 18 years ago? Subjects to be opted for M.Sc?
  7. What are the jobs after studying BSc MLT?How much is the salary?
  8. Does Vinayaka Missions University offered M.Sc in Medical Laboratory Technology, Microbiology and Virology?
  9. Can I open my own Pathology Laboratory after MSc in Microbiology (PG)? what is the required qualification for that? -- [Most Discussed]
  10. List of colleges offering LAB technical courses in Mangalore?
  11. Am I eligible to join Lab Technician course after completion of 12th Class with Vocational subjects?
  12. Which universities in USA offer masters degree for international student in Clinical Laboratory, Pathology or Laboratory Hematology? How can we apply or register and what are the requirements to get such offer?
  13. Can I join any sonographic diploma course after completing diploma in medical laboratory technology
  14. List of valuable courses after completing diploma in medical laboratory technology?
  15. How can I join diploma of sugar technology? I have completed a Sugar Laboratory Assistant
  16. Which are the subjects offered for MSc Biotechnology
  17. The Tamil Nadu Dr. MGR Medical University Diploma in Clinical Pathology-Biochemistry and Micro Biology Exam – Download Previous Year’s Question Papers
  18. When can I join Post Graduate Diploma in Medical Laboratory Technician course? Will there be any Entrance Exam for this? Fee structure for this course?
12th April 2023, 12:23 AM
4700BC

Default Re: How can I open Pathology Laboratory being a Microbiology graduate and Diploma holder in Medical Laboratory Technology having 10 years of experience?

Opening a pathology laboratory as a microbiology graduate with a diploma in Medical Laboratory Technology can be challenging but is possible with sufficient experience and preparation. Here are some tips to help you:

• Gain relevant experience. In addition to your existing qualifications and experience, gain on-the-job experience in a pathology lab for at least 2-3 years to learn procedures, management aspects, etc. This will strengthen your profile.
  • Stay up-to-date with advances. The field of pathology is constantly evolving. Continue learning about new tests, techniques, equipment, software, etc. to keep your knowledge current. Get trained on any new tools before using them in your own lab.
  • Determine your area of focus and test menu. Decide if you want to focus on a particular pathology specialty or offer a wider range. Choose the specific tests you want to provide based on your experience, qualifications and the local market demand. Get the required equipment and set up procedures for the same.
  • Obtain licenses and accreditations. You will need licenses to open a clinical laboratory as per ICMR guidelines. Accreditation by NABL will ensure good quality standards. Obtain the necessary clearances from municipal corporations, pollution control boards, etc.
  • Build your team. Hire experienced pathologists, technicians, phlebotomists and support staff based on the kind of services you want to offer. Provide regular training to ensure high quality work.
  • Market your services. Market your pathology lab through referrals, networking, ads, affiliations, and partnerships with doctors, clinics, hospitals, corporate wellness programs, insurance companies, etc. Offer competitive pricing along with quality.
  • Maintain high standards. The key to establishing and growing your pathology practice is providing accurate, reliable and fast reports. Use good quality equipment, latest tools, calibrated instruments and follow all safety protocols and guidelines.
  • Expand services over time. Once established, you can introduce new tests, open collection centers, provide teleconsultation services, setup a genetic lab, etc. based on opportunities and market demand. But do so gradually to not hamper existing operations.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?