29th August 2015, 03:20 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to apply for any government job before 20years of age even before I completed my graduation?

I m a student of bsc(computer science) final year. I am 17 year old.
I want to do a government job after bsc. But i there is no job which we can do before 20 .
May be there any job but i don't know about this. I want to know that what should i choose to do in goverment sector that i can do before age of 19 and based on graduation.
Plz rply.

29th August 2015, 06:54 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply for any government job before 20years of age even before I completed my graduation?

Yes you can apply for few government jobs before turning 20 years and the following the options are as discussed below:-

First you are eligible for the lower divisional clerk posts in the government offices for which you need to clear Service selection Commission ( SSC ) examination and for which the minimum age limit is 18 years.

Secondly, you can join National Defense Academy by clearing NDA examination for which the lower age limit is 16.5 years. Students selected for NDA are first provided necessary education and then recruited as officer in defense field.

You to have the option of going into Indian Railways for which you need to clear Special Class Railway Apprentice ( SCRA ) examination. Students selected for SCRA are trained for railway engineer and finally recruited as en engineer in Indian Railways.

For more details regarding SSC examination you can visit the link www.ssconline.nic.in where as for other two examination you must visit www.upsc.gov.in.
29th August 2015, 08:04 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply for any government job before 20years of age even before I completed my graduation?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I want to do a government job after bsc. But i there is no job which we can do before 20 .
May be there any job but i don't know about this. I want to know that what should i choose to do in goverment sector that i can do before age of 19 and based on graduation.
Plz rply.
After completion of B.Sc in Computer Science, you are eligible for government sector exam like SSC exam.

SSC conducted CGL, LDC, FCI, Higher secondary level exams. This exams doesn't require any kind percentage marks.

If you have completed graduation degree from a recognized university then you are eligible for above mentioned jobs.

But your age should be in between 21 to 27 years.
29th August 2015, 08:51 PM
candycrush

I can't understand how can you be just 17 years when you are in the finals of a BSC degree.

According to the rules a person is eligible for his/her matriculation exam when he/she completes 14 years and 6 months of age.

Then you can pass your intermediate exam no earlier than 16 years and 6 months.

So according to this a candidate can not clear graduation before 19 years of age.

This is why a minimum of 19 years of age is prescribed for the graduation jobs.

Even if you waits for your 19s even then you shall have problem as how did you complete your graduation in just 18 years.

Hence it is suggested to check if your document have errors and get them rectified to avoid any problem that may arise in coming future.
29th August 2015, 09:07 PM
sunilpati
Senior Member+++++

Yes, Now you can apply for Clerical grade exams , Bank Clerical Grade , Postal Exams (Post Assistant) , Railways Department , Etc..

The eligibility criteria are as follows :

*The candidates should be a citizen of India.
*The candidates should be a graduate in any discipline from a recognize university.
*The age limit is 18 - 28 years, there is a age relaxation for reserved candidates.

But as you are now in B.Sc final year & your age is 17 years old then you have good opportunity you must prepare for three years to get a good Jobs like IAS, IPS, IFS, etc...

For more details visit website of UPSC.
http://www.upsc.gov.in
29th August 2015, 09:52 PM
pjgp

There are some government jobs which are based on the intermediate but you don't have pay as in the job after graduation.As you are in B.SC computers you have lot of job opportunities.you have a good future in the software side.
After intermediate you can apply for the jobs like defence through NDA exam.Bank clerks and railway technical posts.

After graduation you can apply for the jobs like:
Bank jobs
Defence jobs
Railway jobs
IAS
IPS

But the above job minimum age limit is 21 years.so,you have to wait for 1 year after your B.sc course.
30th August 2015, 11:11 AM
Prashantwin
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to apply for some government job before 20 years of age even before you complete your graduation.

List of jobs on the basis of 12th class :

Indian Army, Navy, Air Force through NDA exam. Age Limit : 16.5 to 19 years.
Railway Clerk through RRB exams. Age Limit : 17 to 21 years.

List of jobs after graduation :
Railway Engineer, Clerk, Grade I,II officer through RRB exam. Age limit : 18 to 28 years.
Sub Inspector in State Police department. Age Limit : 18 to 25 years.
30th August 2015, 11:44 AM
ShreeRocks
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Plz rply.
Yes, you are eligible for Government jobs from the age of 18 onwards. For some government jobs the educational qualification only 10th standard. So you can apply for that type of jobs and write the examination and passing which may fetch you a job. So the minimum age for the government job is only 18 years and minimum qualification is 10th standard. The aspirant can start writing the competitive examinations conducted by the state government for various posts in government departments.
30th August 2015, 05:03 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

There is hardly any government job entrance exam on basis of bachelor's degree level at the age of 17 years. There are some entrance exams that a candidate can give on the basis of 10+2 academic qualification at the age of 17 years like:

>>National Defense Academy/ Naval Academy entrance exam.

>>Special Class Railway Apprentice exam.

>>Intelligence Bureau Security Assistant Exam.

For exams at bachelor's degree level, minimum age is 18 years for some exams, 19 years for some exams and 21 years for some years. For example for the Staff Selection Commission Combined Graduate level exam, minimum age is 18 years. For Combined defense Services it is 19 years and for the banking jobs for IBPS it is 20 years.

For Civil Services examination, it is 21 years. So you must wait till you meet the eligibility criteria, till then you have good opportunity to prepare for the entrance exams by joining any coaching institutes so that you can crack the exams in first attempt. For government job exams, competition is tough and hard work along with determination and dedication is required to crack the exam.
15th October 2020, 04:46 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible for any government job at 48 years of age .(qualification b.com ,B.ed)
5th January 2021, 02:29 PM
Unregistered

I am 20 but acc to marksheet I m 17 only then how I can give any Government exam

Bank exams
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?