1st September 2015, 04:13 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible for defence jobs if I have scored less than 50% marks in graduation?

My name is Ronnie and I am a graduate of Science with Physics, Mathematics and Geology. But I scored only 47% in my graduation and 57% in 10 2. I was under the impression that its better to join Army, Air Force or Navy after completing graduation. I have attempted for CDS exams twice but not able to clear it. Now I have no idea how to become a part of Indian Defence as I scored very low in my examination because every eligibility criteria requires at least 50% of aggregate in graduation. Is there any way that I can serve for our Country's Pride? I will be waiting for your response.

2nd September 2015, 12:20 AM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for defence jobs if I have scored less than 50% marks in graduation?

At the bachelor's degree, the most suitable entrance exam for the joining the different wings of defense is the Combined Defense Services. For joining Air Force, there is one more entrance exam called Air Force Common Admission test. As you have mentioned that you have attempted for the CDS exam but you were not able to clear it.

There may be some faults in your preparation for the exam. It would be better for you to join any good coaching institutes for better CDS exam preparation. Coaching institutes are run by experienced army persons who will teach you every aspect and detail how to crack the written test and Service Selection board.

Some of the best coaching institute for preparation is:

>>Minerva Academy.

>>Cavalier India.

>>Olive Greens.

>>Baalnoi academy.

Nothing is impossible in this world. Give your best with proper hard work, determination and dedication. As you have done bachelor's degree with physics and mathematics, you can apply for the technical and ground duty branch of Air Force. The age limit is 19-24 years. For more details, visit www.careerairforce.nic.in.a
2nd September 2015, 01:14 AM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for defence jobs if I have scored less than 50% marks in graduation?

I am very pleased with you that you are waiting to serve for the country by getting the jobs in the Defence Services.

Yes, with 50% in the graduation with the Physics, Mathematics and the Geology you are eligible to join the Defence services through the CDS examination which is conducted by the UPSC twice every year.

The eligibilty to appear for the examination is :-
* Candidates must have passed the graduation as per the wing requirements from a recognised university.
* Candidates age must be between the 19-22 years for Navy, 19-23 for the Air Force and 19-24 for the OTA and the IMA.

So you can appear in the examination. The examination is conducted in the two stages and the candidates have to qualify in both the stages for the final selection in any of the Defence wings. The examination is conducted in the month of February and the August every year.

For more information about the examination visit at the www.upsc.gov.in.
2nd September 2015, 12:16 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
My name is Ronnie and I am a graduate of Science with Physics, Mathematics and Geology. But I scored only 47% in my graduation and 57% in 10 2. I was under the impression that its better to join Army, Air Force or Navy after completing graduation. I have attempted for CDS exams twice but not able to clear it. Now I have no idea how to become a part of Indian Defence as I scored very low in my examination because every eligibility criteria requires at least 50% of aggregate in graduation. Is there any way that I can serve for our Country's Pride? I will be waiting for your response.
Yes, you are eligible for defense sector through CDS exam.

CDS stands for Combined Defence Service exam.

Eligibility criteria:-

For Naval Academy - B.Sc with Physics & Mathematics or Bachelor of Engineering

For Air Force Academy - B.Sc with Physics and/or Mathematics or Bachelor of Engineering

For Indian Military Academy and Officer Training Academy - Degree of a recognized university or its equivalent

Age criteria:-

Indian Military Academy: - 19-24 Years
Air Force Academy: - 19-23 Years
Naval Academy: - 19-22 Years
Officer's Training Academy: - 19-25 Years
2nd September 2015, 09:22 PM
iruazim
Senior Member+

Yes, definitely you can apply for Defence examination after graduation. No issue in that if you scored less marks in the graduation level. You can apply for Combined Defence services examination and then join Indian Military Academy (IMA). There is no minimum percentage required to apply for this examination. The said examination is conducted twice a year and you have to complete your graduate degree to apply for this examination. Your age should be in between 19 to 24 years to apply for IMA and 19 to 25 years to apply for OTA academy.

All the best.
2nd September 2015, 11:00 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to appear for the defence jobs with having less than the 50% marks in the graduation.

The examination conducted by the UPSC as the CDS is the examination conducted for the recruitment of the candidates in the defence services. The examination is conducted twice every year. The examination are conducted in the two stages. The examination is conducted in the month of the February and the August.

To get the detail information about the examination visit at the www.upsc.gov.in.
8th December 2021, 05:03 PM
Unregistered

I have 44% in physics and 54 in maths in 10 2 ,i'm just study in second year of engineering I want to join Air force ,Can I eligible for Indian Air force?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?