2nd September 2015, 11:21 AM
Unregistered

Is it possible for me to do diploma in IT after completion of 10th standard?

I finish'd my 10 th standard and i want to do my higher studies in diploma it.. is it possible? it want to know in which college it is available in Chennai? what will be the fee? Can you please answer me on this? Awaiting for it.

2nd September 2015, 06:42 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it possible for me to do diploma in IT after completion of 10th standard?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I finish'd my 10 th standard and i want to do my higher studies in diploma it.. is it possible? it want to know in which college it is available in Chennai? what will be the fee? Can you please answer me on this? Awaiting for it.
Yes, you are eligible for diploma course.

Those candidates who have passed matriculation/10th with Mathematics, Physical Science & English from Central or State Board recognized by Govt are eligible for diploma entrance exam.

Your age should be below 21 years.

List of the colleges offer diploma in Chennai:-

Central Polytechnic College, Kalikundram, Chennai

Dr. Dharmambal Government Polytechnic College for Women, Tharamani, Chennai, Tamil Nadu

Empee Ihmct, Chennai

Government Polytechnic College Purasawalkam, Otteri, Chennai

M.G.R. Government Film and Television Institute, Kanagam, Chennai

P T Lee Chengalvaraya Naicker Polytechnic College, Purasaiwalkam, Chennai

Panimalar Polytechnic College, Chennai

Ramakrishna Mission Polytechnic College, Chennai, Tamilnadu

Regional Labour Institute, Adyar, Chennai

Siga Polytechnic College, Egmore, Chennai / Madrasapattinam

State Institute Of Commerce Education, Chennai
2nd September 2015, 09:20 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it possible for me to do diploma in IT after completion of 10th standard?

Yes, definitely you can pursue Diploma in IT course after completion of your 10th standard. Candidates who have completed 10th standard from any recognized board are eligible to pursue Diploma course. To get admission in Diploma course, you need to appear and qualify Diploma entrance examination which is conducted by your respective state entrance examinations board. By qualifying the entrance examination, based upon your examination rank, you can get admission in first year of three years Diploma course. Diploma in IT course is offered in most of the Polytechnic colleges in Chennai and the fee structure varies from college to college depending upon the facilities provided by the college to its students, the average fee structure is Rs.20000/- per year.
3rd September 2015, 01:38 PM
Prashantwin
Senior Member+++++

Yes, candidate can pursue diploma in IT after completion of 10th standard. Candidate must have passed 10th class from any recognised board.

Apollo Polytecnic College
Tambaram-Kanchipuram Main Road, Oragadam
Chennai, Tamil Nadu
(044) 24362183

Quaid-e-Millath Government College for Women
74, Binny Road, Anna Salai
Chennai, Tamil Nadu
(044) 28520793

Sri Balaji Polytechnic College
Kolapakkam (Near to Vandalur Zoo)
Chennai, Tamil Nadu
(044) 22750332

Sri Sai Ram Polytechnic College
Sai Leo Nagar, Poonthandalam, West Tambaram
Chennai, Tamil Nadu
(044) 22512080

Thai Moogambigai Polytechnic College
Nerkundram
Chennai, Tamil Nadu
(044) 65493593

Thiru Seven Hills Polytechnic
Alapakkam Main Road, Maduravoyal
Chennai, Tamil Nadu
(044) 24764492

Fee for Diploma in IT course varies from Rs. 12,000 to 30,000 per year.
3rd September 2015, 09:43 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can get admission in diploma IT of you have 10th qualification. You have to appear for polytechnic entrance exam which is conducted every year for admission in various diploma courses. You will get admission based on your rank.

Hence, if you want admission in a top polytechnic in chennai then you have to manage an excellent rank. Fee in government colleges is very low compared to private colleges. Hence, be prepared for exam so that you can get admission in a government college.
4th September 2015, 04:40 PM
dinesh the king

Ya sir.It is possible for you to join in diploma in IT.Diploma is like a bridge course for engineering.Coming to the eligibility,the students who have 65% in matriculation are eligible.and the process of joining is through entrance exams like TNDTE by qualifying those you can enter into diploma.
Colleges offering IT are:
1.Veltech Polytechnic College
2.Sri Balaji Polytechnic College
3.Thiru Seven Hills Polytechnic College
yet there are some government colleges offering IT
and the fee will based on your college value
ALLTHE BEST
14th September 2015, 09:24 PM
DSP@1

The eligibility criteria for doing Diploma are as follows.

-Candidate must have completed his/her 10th standard from the recognized board.
-Candidate must have scored minimum 40% of marks in his/her 10th standard.

If you meet with the above conditions you are eligible for doing Diploma in IT field.

But before that you have to give the entrance test conducted by your state education board for making admissions into Diploma courses.

Once you qualify the test you will undergo web counselling there you will be allotted seat in your desired college and stream based on the marks you scored in the entrance test.

Coming to fee structures all the government colleges will have similar fee structure and for private colleges it will vary depending upon the infrastructure and facilities provided by that college.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?