2nd September 2015, 08:19 PM
Unregistered

Should i participate in Debate competitions organized by schools?

Should i participate in Debate competitions organized by schools?

2nd September 2015, 11:38 PM
Prashantwin
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Should i participate in Debate competitions organized by schools?

Yes, you should participate in Debate competitions organized by schools.

Benefit of Debate competitions :

Participation increases the interest and engage students in good question answer sessions.
Provides good students and teacher feedback.
Encourages dialogue among and between students.
It gives students the opportunity to practice using the language of the discipline.
3rd September 2015, 03:19 PM
palugulavenumadhav
Senior Member+++++

Many schools organize the Debate and Speech events on the special days and as a curriculum.

The candidates should participate in those events to improve their communication skills, speaking skills, Language skills etc. It also improves the candidates mentality towards the various issues and helps to make them an engaged citizens, Skilled professionals and Honorable leaders.

National Speech & Debate Association is one such organization whose vision is to empower the citizen in ethical and professional way. The mission of this program is to envision a world in which the every students has to access to competitive speech and Debate activities.
3rd September 2015, 08:13 PM
iruazim
Senior Member+

Yes, definitely do participate in debates organized by schools or in any other institutions.
This will enhance your fluency in English and will help you to enhance your speaking power as well as it will increase your self confidence.
So, always try to participate in these events.
5th September 2015, 03:30 AM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

Yes, if your communication and Analytical skills are good enough, I would then ask you to always be active in all these types of competitions being organized by the school.

You should always be active in it, as it increases your own skills and prepares you for the long run in your life.
7th September 2015, 02:36 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Definitely you should participate in debate competition in school as by participating you can overcome your hesitation that will help you in your future in interviews and secondly your vocabulary will be improved and moreover you will able to indulge yourself in life of competition that will give you idea how to compete with others.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?