10th September 2015, 01:27 PM
Unregistered

Is Collateral Security mandatory to apply for Bank Education Loan except SBI?

Sir/Madam,
I will be applying for an educational loan. I have heard that except SBI, some banks ask for collateral security even though this is against the Financial Ministry's directives. How true is this?

Related Questions:
  1. Does Banks demand Collateral securities against Education Loan of upto Rs. 4 Lacs except SBI? -- [Most Discussed]
  2. Can I get Education Loan from any Financial Institute without Collateral Security?
  3. Which Banks provide Education Loan upto Rs. 7.5 Lakhs without collateral security?
  4. Which Bank provide education loan upto Rs.4 Lakhs without collateral security?
  5. Bank Education Loan scheme of SBI, Bank of India and Bank of Baroda to study MBBS course of Rs. 350000 p.a. fee expense?
  6. Possibility of extension in Education Loan of Rs. 10 Lacs for a candidate who is studying in Canada without Collateral Security? -- [New]
  7. Can I apply to get Education Loan for studying MBA without security?
  8. Assets for security to apply for Bank Education Loan to study BDS course?
  9. Can I apply for Education Loan for higher education if completed B.E. with Bank Education Loan?
  10. Is it necessary to apply for an Education Loan from same Bank if pursuing B.Tech through SBI Education Loan?
  11. How can i get education loan for engineering course? How much amount can one get?
  12. Can I get education loan of 7 lakhs from SBI bank after retirement of my father?
  13. Should I apply for Bank Education Loan to study MBBS in China if mandatory to appear MCI Screening Test?
  14. Percentage required in Graduation to apply for SBI Education Loan to study MBA?
  15. Can i get education loan from SBI for studying in Sinhagad Institute of Pharmacy?
  16. Eligibility to apply for Bank Education Loan to study MS in UK and US?
  17. Can I apply for Education Loan again from SBI for study M.Tech if haven't paid the amount which was taken for B.Tech?
  18. How can I take another Loan for PG course if already took for UG course?
18th September 2015, 08:18 PM
palugulavenumadhav
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is Collateral Security mandatory to apply for Bank Education Loan except SBI?

To apply for educational loan the candidate must have keep collateral security for secuirty reasons.

There is no need of collateral security for the educational loans below Rs.4 lacs.

Generally, the collateral security is asked if the educational loan is above Rs.4 lacs. It is applicable for all nationalized banks.
18th September 2015, 09:52 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is Collateral Security mandatory to apply for Bank Education Loan except SBI?

Yes, Collateral Security is mandatory to get Education loan from Banks. Even SBI asks for Collateral Security for providing Education loan. For getting education loan less than Rs.7.5 lakhs, there is no need of any Collateral Security. Collateral Security is mandatory only when you take Education loan of more than Rs.7.5 lakhs from Bank. So, if you take education loan of more than Rs.7.5 lakhsfrom Bank, it is mandatory to submit Collateral Security to Bank.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?