18th September 2015, 07:11 PM
Unregistered

Is NIOS senior secondary certificate valid for EAMCET?

I have NIOS senior secondary certificate. Can i give EAMCET on the basis of this certificate?

Related Questions:
  1. Which course to study after passing NIOS senior secondary for a better future? -- [Most Discussed]
  2. Am I eligible to get admission for BBA or BBM with any of the US universities being a candidate of pursuing SSC course form NIOS?
  3. How can I apply for a student visa in USA after gaining certification from NIOS or will I be applicable to take admission in any College under Recognized University in USA with this Senior Secondary Certificate?
  4. Can Kerela Government debar students with the secondary certificate of NIOS from their board of higher secondary?
  5. Am i eligible for ACC Exam on the basis of NIOS senior secondary certificate?
  6. Can I apply for student Visa in USA being an NIOS candidate?
  7. Can we apply for MBBS course after finishing NIOS senior secondary course in P,C,B? -- [Most Discussed]
  8. After 12th from NIOS can I get admission in B.Sc at Calcutta University?
  9. Courses available for a candidate who has secured 50% in Senior Secondary from NIOS Board?
  10. Can I start my graduation through BPP from IGNOU while preparing for senior secondary?
  11. Which subject to choose after completing Senior Secondary from NIOS?
  12. Can I get admission to study Higher Secondary in CBSE Board if pursuing Senior Secondary from NIOS?
  13. Am I eligible for MBBS after doing senior secondary from NIOS?
  14. Two years old 10th NIOS certificate is valid for admission in Polytechnic course?
  15. Eligibility to apply in ICSI and ICWAI courses for Senior Secondary NIOS candidate?
  16. Is NIOS board certificate valid for Army based jobs?
  17. Possibility of shifting from NIOS to CBSE after getting secondary certificate from NIOS?
  18. In which countries NIOS certificate is valid?
18th September 2015, 11:03 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is NIOS senior secondary certificate valid for EAMCET?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have NIOS senior secondary certificate. Can i give EAMCET on the basis of this certificate?
Yes, NIOS certificate is valid for EAMCET exam.

Those candidates who have completed 12th standard with above 50% marks from a recognized university with PCM or PCB subject are eligible for EAMCET 2016 exam.

Your age must be above 16 years.
18th September 2015, 11:13 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

EAMCET stands for the Engineering Agriculture Medical Common Engineering Test. This is the state level entrance test of Andhra Pradesh and Telegana for the undergraduate courses in medical, engineering and agriculture.

Eligibility criteria:

>>You must have done 10+2 from a recognized board like Andhra Pradesh Board of Education or its equivalent. NIOS is the National Institute of Open Schooling, it is central government authorized body for conducting exams.

Hence, you can apply for the EAMCET exam on the basis of NIOS certificate, the certificate is valid for all entrance exams conducted at state and national level. For engineering course, you must have studied Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics and in place of Mathematics, biology for medical courses.

For any further details, visit www.apeamcet.org.
19th September 2015, 12:01 AM
Bestanswerer
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Yes, of course you are eligible to appear in EAMCET entrance exam after completing 12th through NIOS. NIOS is equivalent to other boards like CBSE and ICSE and it is recognized Institution. So, you are eligible to appear in the EAMCET entrance exam. For more details regarding NIOS, please visit here - www.nos.org

EAMCET ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA:

- Applicants must be Indian Nationals or Persons of India origin.

- Applicants should have passed the 12th standard with Mathematics and Physics along with Chemistry, Bio-Technology, Biology as the optional subjects from a recognized board. Applicants must secure at least 45% of marks and upto 5% of marks relaxation will be given to reserved category students.

- Applicants should have completed 16 years of age as on 31st December, 2014 and there is no upper age limit.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?