18th September 2015, 10:02 PM
Unregistered

Is it safe to pursue archaeology in India? Will I be able to get some government job in this field?

i have many questions regarding archaeology

will government provide proper equipments for the job?

as an archaeologist can i visit any archaeological sites such as temples without permission or buying tickets?

are funds from government to archaeological department satisfactory?

Related Questions:
  1. List of Universities to do MA in Archaeology in India through Distance Education?
  2. Best institutes in India for Archeology? -- [Most Discussed]
  3. What should I do to study Archaeology/Literature in Abroad after completing B.Tech+M.Tech(CSE) Dual Degree?
  4. Can I study Archaeology in Post Graduation if completed B.Tech(ECE)? Basic difference between M.Phil and M.A.?
  5. Am I eligible for Archeology after completing 12th and after doing B.Tech? Which courses should I take up?
  6. Can I study Ph.D in Archaeology after completing M.Sc(Bioanalytical Sciences)?
  7. Can I opt for a P.G course after completing 5 year B.A(LL.B) hons? How may I do Archaeology course?
  8. Can I pursue masters in Archaeology after BCA?
  9. If I choose Humanities in 11th standard what will be my profession?
  10. In which entrance exam I have to appear for studying Ph.D in Archaeology?
  11. How can I take up Archaeology after studying B.A in 3rd year
  12. Am I eligible for doing B.Ed after securing 50% in B.A from U.A board?
  13. Scope and courses related to History for 12th student?
  14. Details to get Government job in cyber law in India?
  15. How to pursue MBA in Shipping and Logistics? I am a SYB.Com student
  16. What is best to do after passing BCA? I have scored 78% in 2nd year
  17. List of the distance universities offering Ph.D in Archaeology for M.A. in History and Heritage Management degree holder?
  18. What are the career opportunities available in Germany and India after completion of MS degree with pharma stream in Germany? Can I get a well paid job in India after that? I have completed my B.Pharma and want to pursue MS from Germany
21st September 2015, 06:36 PM
palugulavenumadhav
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it safe to pursue archaeology in India? Will I be able to get some government job in this field?

As most of the job openings are in the government sector, therefore the career of a Archaeologist is secure. They get benefits of a normal government employee as per the experience and designation.

The Archaeology of India (ASI) recruits the candidates in our country at both centre and state levels. They are recruited in various positions by clearing the examination conducted by Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) and State Public Service Commission (SPSC).

Candidates who pursued Post graduation can apply for JRF Lectureship examination conducted by UGC.

The basic payment for the archaeologists may range between Rs.10,000 - Rs.15,000/- which may increase upto Rs.30,000/- or more.

Some of the government jobs in this sector are given below :

* Researcher/ Documentationo Officer - ASI.

* Conservation Assistants grade-II - ASI.

* Foreman jobs.

* Works Foreman jobs.

* Superintendent Archaeologist.

The Archaeologist mainly requires a lot of patience and focus on their work. It may takes months or years to complete their project. The candidate should adaptable to physical stress and should possess logical, analytical skills.

Government provide required allowance for the archaeologists for traveling to different places.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?