26th September 2015, 02:15 AM
Unregistered

What are the job opportunities available for a fashion designer in both private and government sector?

I have done B.S.E in fashion designing and technology from punjab university Chandigarh
.Moreover I am searching the job in government sector how can I apply for government sector jobs. What are the job opportunities in private sector as well?

Related Questions:
  1. What will I have to do after B.Des?
  2. Job opportunities in Government sector after the completion of Engineering in CS? Is it possible to earn more in Private sector than in Government sector?
  3. Fashion Designing related job in government sector?
  4. Which type of jobs available for Women after completing Civil Engineering?
  5. How to get a Government job in fashion design?
  6. Job opportunities in government and private sector after B.E ECE?
  7. Job opportunities in the field of Marketing in both private and government sector?
  8. What is the procedure to follow to get the Government job of lecturer in Fashion designing?
  9. What are the job opportunities available for under graduates in private and government sector companies?
  10. Job Opportunities for me in Government sector and Private sector being a candidate having completed BCA course in the year of 2011? How to prepare for JTO Exam?
  11. What are the various private and government sector jobs available for M.Sc in Zoology students?
  12. What is the job opportunities for graduates with Economics, Mathematics, Statistics in both private and government sector?
  13. Job opportunities in private sector for B.Sc in Biotechnology student? How much salary I will get in government sector?
  14. What is the job opportunities for graduates with Economics,Mathematics, Statistics in both sector government and private?
  15. What are the various jobs available for Electronics and Communication Engineering Freshers? -- [Most Discussed]
  16. Can I get a government job after passing BSc fashion designing? Details about the job related to fashion designing in government sector?
  17. What are the job opportunities after doing MSc physics in government as well as private sector?
  18. What would be best for me after passing MCA, Government or Private Sector?
27th September 2015, 02:13 PM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What are the job opportunities available for a fashion designer in both private and government sector?

Fashion is an evergreen field which generates employment opportunities for many every year. There are ample opportunities in this field provided you have the required talent and skill since this is extremely challenging and changing industry.

In government sector, you can go for jobs in Ministry of Textiles, Ministry of Rural Development, Government run mills and design firms. However, the major opportunity lies in the private sector.

You can have lucrative career options in textile processing, garment, leather and jewelry industry. You can get the job as executives of the merchandise, fashion designers, fashion coordinators etc.

You can find work opportunity in the manufacturing units, firms run by professional and eminent designers, boutiques, costume designers.

You can also do freelancing work for various fashion stores and companies.

Also you can start your own work as a fashion designer or open your boutique.
1st October 2017, 07:41 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: What are the job opportunities available for a fashion designer in both private and government sector?

I have completed my ICSE from an english medium school and i want to do some work along with my studies as i want to help my family and i am interested in fashion designing and other types of design works. Please contact me if any suitable jobs are available for me.
22nd April 2018, 09:40 PM
Unregistered

What are the job opportunities available for a fashion designer in government sector?
25th June 2023, 01:23 AM
Nikhil202k
Banned

Job opportunities for fashion designers are available in both the private and government sectors. Here are some potential career paths and positions:

Private Sector Opportunities:

Fashion Designer: Private fashion houses, clothing brands, and design studios hire fashion designers to create and develop clothing lines, collections, and designs. As a fashion designer, you can work on various aspects of the design process, including sketching, fabric selection, pattern making, and overseeing production.

Apparel Manufacturing Companies: Companies involved in apparel manufacturing, such as garment factories and textile mills, often employ fashion designers to design and develop clothing items, manage production processes, and ensure quality control.

Retail Companies: Fashion designers can work with retail companies that have in-house design teams. These roles involve creating fashion concepts, designing collections, and overseeing product development for the company's retail outlets.

Fashion Stylist: Private fashion styling firms and individual clients often seek fashion designers to work as stylists. In this role, you would be responsible for selecting outfits, coordinating looks, and providing fashion advice for photo shoots, events, or personal styling services.

Fashion Merchandiser: Fashion merchandisers work with retailers, fashion brands, and e-commerce companies to analyze market trends, develop product strategies, and manage inventory. Fashion designers with a keen sense of market trends can explore opportunities in this field.

Government Sector Opportunities:

National Institute of Fashion Technology (NIFT): NIFT is a prestigious fashion institute in India and also has a dedicated recruitment cell. You can explore teaching positions or research opportunities in fashion-related subjects at NIFT campuses across the country.

Government Textile Departments: State and central government departments focused on textiles and handloom sectors often require fashion designers for various roles. These positions can include designing traditional textiles, promoting handloom products, or working on government-sponsored initiatives.

Khadi and Village Industries Commission (KVIC): KVIC is a government organization that promotes Khadi and village industries. They offer opportunities for fashion designers to work on Khadi-based fashion products, design interventions, and collaborations.

Fashion Events and Shows: Government-sponsored fashion events and shows, such as those organized by tourism departments, cultural bodies, or trade organizations, may hire fashion designers to showcase their designs or participate in fashion competitions.

Craft Development Organizations: Government organizations dedicated to the development and promotion of traditional crafts often require fashion designers to work on design interventions, craft-based fashion, and reviving traditional textile arts.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?