26th September 2015, 04:53 PM
cvaasu

Am I eligible for M.Tech (CS / IT) if I have completed my B.Sc. Computer Science?

Am I eligible for M.Tech (CS / IT) if I have completed my B.Sc. Computer Science? Can you let me know the minimum eligibility criteria which is required for doing M.Tech course? It will be really helpful if you can answer me on this soon!

Thanks!

Related Questions:
  1. Am I eligible for doing MS in computer science after doing BSc computer science? How can I apply for both regular and correspondence course?
  2. Can I study Master's Degree in Computer Science after completing B.Sc(Computer Science)? -- [New]
  3. When and how can I obtain NEET form?
  4. Eligiblity to pursue B.Sc in Computer Science for 12th PCB student? List of colleges with placement facility in Lucknow? How B.Sc(Computer Science) is differ from B.Sc(IT)?
  5. Am I eligible for FCI management trainee after completing BSc computer science with 56%
  6. How can I join B.ed in computer science after completing BSc computer science, MCA? Am I eligible after completing MCA, M.Phil but not MSc?
  7. How much salary is offered after completing BSc computer science? How much is the salary with M.Tech and without M.Tech?
  8. How much salary will I get after completing BSc+MCA+M.Tech?
  9. Which college gives direct admission to M.Tech after completing BSc in computer science? What is the criteria for admission in M.Tech?
  10. Courses/fields available after BSc computer science? If I had Maths, Physics and Computer Science subjects then am I eligible for it?
  11. How to join degree BSc computer science after scoring 80% in BIPC? I have completed 12th
  12. List of software engineering branches available for GATE in IIT's for M.Tech?
  13. Am I eligible for TNSPC group I exam after completing BSc, B.Ed in computer science?
  14. Cutoff marks and the fee structure of the Kochi Law school
  15. Can we do B.Ed after completing B.Tech and M.Tech in computer science and engineering
  16. Best branch in mtech other than computer science? -- [Most Discussed]
  17. Courses which I can do after qualifying HS exam from CBSE with 85.6% in science stream and 9/100 in CS? Future prospects in BSc computer science honors?
  18. Am I eligible to appear for TRB exam after completing BSc Computer Science?
26th September 2015, 07:25 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for M.Tech (CS / IT) if I have completed my B.Sc. Computer Science?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvaasu View Post
Am I eligible for M.Tech (CS / IT) if I have completed my B.Sc. Computer Science? Can you let me know the minimum eligibility criteria which is required for doing M.Tech course? It will be really helpful if you can answer me on this soon!

Thanks!
No, after completion of B.Sc in Computer Science, you are not eligible for M.Tech in CS/IT.

Those candidates who have completed B.Tech/B.E in CS/IT, MCA, M.Sc in CS/IT, MS from a recognized university are eligible for M.Tech in CS/IT course.

But you must have valid GATE score for admission in M.Tech course.
26th September 2015, 09:51 PM
ant man

Default Re: Am I eligible for M.Tech (CS / IT) if I have completed my B.Sc. Computer Science?

Sorry you are not eligible for M.Tech course after completing B.Sc

>>You can do M.Tech in (CS/IT) only if you have completed M.Sc in CS/IT.
>>Basically all the B.Tech/BE, B.Arch candidates are eligible for writing GATE exam.
>>Apart from them M.Sc maths, statics, computers, electronics or equivalent are eligible for doing M.Tech.

So after doing M.Sc course you can do M.Tech. For doing M.Tech you must pass GATE entrance exam.

GATE stands for Graduate aptitude test for engineering.

Eligibility for GATE exam :
1. All the B.E/B.Tech, B.Arch completed candidates can apply for GATE exam.
2. M.Sc completed candidates with maths, computers, statistics, electronics or equivalent can apply.
3. There is no age limit applicable for GATE exam.
4. There is marks percentage applicable but many universities prefer to take candidates having 60% minimum marks.

Through GATE exam score card one can take admission in any of the college through out India.

The GATE exam score card is valid for 3 years.
27th September 2015, 01:48 AM
JSD.

It is good to see your interest towards the M.tech course. But it is sorry to say you that you can not do this course just after your BSc degree.

M.tech is a master degree course. The duration of this course is two years.The basic eligibility criteria for this course is , to have a bachelor degree in the engineering stream or in technical stream or master degree in science stream.

I.e. the aspirant who wish to appear in the M.Tech course either have a B.E degree Or B.tech degree Or MSc degree from a recognised university with good percentile.

As you are telling that you have completed your bachelor degree as BSc so if you wish to go for the M.tech course then you have to further do your higher studies as MSc then only you can do this course.
27th September 2015, 07:04 PM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

Dear friend,

Sorry to say but you are not eligible for M.Tech (CS/IT) course, as you are a graduate from B.Sc (CS).

For applying M.Tech (CS/IT) post-graduate course, you must be either:
  • B.E./B.Tech graduate, or
  • M.Sc (Comp. Science) post-graduate

As you have done B.Sc, so currently you are not eligible for applying M.Tech (CS/IT) Course.

You must apply for M.Sc (CS) in order to be eligible for M.Tech (CS).

Then, you can appear for GATE Exam.

GATE stands for Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering.

Generally, in most of the reputed institutes GATE Exam is necessary to appear for admission to M.Tech courses.

And the candidates with at least 60% marks in their graduation get admission easily for M.Tech courses.

Some of the good books for GATE Exam preparation are:
  • GATE Computer Science & Information Technology 2015 : Solved Papers (2000 - 2014) (English) 12th Edition (Paperback) by GKP
    Rs. 207
  • GATE 2014 - Computer Science & Information Technology : 18 Years Chapter Wise Solved Papers (1996 - 2013) (English) 15th Edition (Paperback) by GKP
    Rs. 168
  • GATE - Computer Science & Information Technology : Chapterwise Previous Year's Solved Papers (2014 - 2000) (English) 3rd Edition (Paperback) by Nitesh Jain
    Rs. 229
  • GATE Computer Science and Information Technology (2014) (English) 11th Edition (Paperback) by G K P
    Rs. 636
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?