27th September 2015, 10:22 AM
Unregistered

What are the advantages of doing M.Tech course if I wanted to get a government job in future?

I am a mechanical engineering student of last year. I want to do government job. Is it necessary to do mtech? Will that help to get me a government job sooner? Can you please provide me the importance of the course and the best way to get the government job?

30th September 2015, 09:28 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What are the advantages of doing M.Tech course if I wanted to get a government job in future?

It is not necessary to do master of technology for the government jobs, you can get government jobs on the basis of bachelor of technology course. What you need to do is to appear for the entrance exams and crack the different stages to get government jobs.

>>One of the most important exam for engineers is GATE exam through which you can do M.Tech from top engineering colleges also and if you secure top rank then PSUs like NTPC, BHEL, SAIL, GAIL can even shortlist you for jobs.

>>Second examination is Indian Engineering Services for government sector.

You can apply for both these exam in final year of mechanical engineering. The syllabus of both exams is almost same with little difference. There is no such big advantage of M.Tech. So prepare well for your technical subjects, general awareness and aptitude which can help you to crack any entrance exam.

Some other exams are SSC CGL, Civil Services, IB ACIO etc for which you can apply.
30th September 2015, 10:40 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What are the advantages of doing M.Tech course if I wanted to get a government job in future?

Advantages of doing Master of technology course:

* You will be able to appear for the NET exam for lectureship.

* You can teach in private engineering college as Assistant Professor.

* You can go for research and P.hd.

Other than these, at bachelor's degree level you can apply for the exams like GATE, IES Engineering services, RRB entrance exams etc for government jobs at bachelor's degree as academic qualification.
1st October 2015, 12:29 AM
AA 12345
Senior Member+

M. tech is not required for government job.
For getting government job Graduation only required with any stream.

Otherwise based on your Engineering stream Govt sector ,you can apply for Government jobs.

To get any kind of government job, you will have to crack the entrance examination conducted by various examination council.

Otherwise you can eligible for Union Public Service Commission conducts so many entrance examination for which you can appear after bachelor's degree.

Like ..IAS, IPS, IFS, IRS……
Combined Defence Services for jobs in defence sector..
Central Police Force exam.

If you command over the subjects like Aptitude, reasoning, general awareness and English, you can crack any of the above mentioned exam. Regular and consistent practice is necessary for getting success.
2nd November 2021, 12:44 PM
Unregistered

What will help me to get a promotion in central government job, MBA or Mtech? (current post DEO Grade 3)
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?