29th September 2015, 01:51 AM
Unregistered

What are the ways to be followed to get a software job being an ECE student?

hello everyone.

Iam from ece department and i want to get in to software feild.what are the ways through which i can get into software feid.
my 10th percentage is 85% and in intermediate 91% but in btech lessthan 65% please help me out how to get a job and what are the ways for it..

30th September 2015, 10:52 PM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What are the ways to be followed to get a software job being an ECE student?

There is no problem with the percecentage in your 10th, 12th and B.Tech. This is because most of the company has 60% as the eligibility bar and you are well above that. SO no need to worry much about eligibility. You can get a job in software companies in the following ways.

- On-campus recruitment drive : Company will visit your college and you need to crack through the recruitment process.
- Pool Campus Recruitment drive : Company will visit nearby colleges to your college and you need to attend the recruitment process there and crack all the rounds to get selected.
- Off-Campus Recruitment drive : Company will keep a city in certain locations across India for recruitment on particular date, you need to register for that and clear all selection rounds to get selected.
- Walk-Ins : Scores of eLitmus, AMCAT, Cocubes, etc. are taken into consideration for various companies and you can directly appear in the walk-ins to get recruited once cleared.

General Process of selection :-
- Online written test
- Technical Interview
- HR Interview
30th September 2015, 11:27 PM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What are the ways to be followed to get a software job being an ECE student?

You have good percentage of marks through out your academic career except graduation. Yes it is also a good score but not upto your level when compared with other academics. You will definitely get a chance to participate in the recruitment process.

But yes you need to acquire more knowledge on programming skills. And you need to improve some skills like Communication skills and Attitude. You do practice more on Interview questions. Since in Interview recruiters select the candidates in maximum cases.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?