29th September 2015, 12:53 AM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to become a software engineer if I am a commerce student?

I am a commerce student so can i become a software engineer? If yes,then what is the procedure.. please help me... If yes,then what is the procedure.. please help me...
can i do diploma in software engineering and colleges offer such courses in pune and banglore.......plz help

29th September 2015, 12:34 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to become a software engineer if I am a commerce student?

Sorry to let you know that being a commerce stream student in your higher secondary school degree you are not eligible for becoming a software engineer.

As the minimum educational qualification to be an engineer with any trade one has to be a higher secondary school degree or any equivalent degree holder with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as main subjects with a minimum of 50% aggregate in each subjects from a recognized institution which you do not have.

For becoming software engineer from here, you have two options. You can either pursue diploma in software engineering course or you can go for senior secondary degree with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as your main subjects. Choose the options which suits you the best.
30th September 2015, 12:36 AM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to become a software engineer if I am a commerce student?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am a commerce student so can i become a software engineer? If yes,then what is the procedure.. please help me... If yes,then what is the procedure.. please help me...
can i do diploma in software engineering and colleges offer such courses in pune and banglore.......plz help
Being Commerce stream is not possible for you to become a Software Engineering. Because engineering degree in CSE or IT is mandatory to join as Software Engineer. Pass in 12th class with science as the main subject is the basic eligibility to join engineering degree. However, you can apply for the course such as,

-Bachelor of Commerce (B.Com)
-Bachelor of Arts (B.A)
-Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA)
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?