3rd October 2015, 01:36 AM
Unregistered

Geography honours student is eligible for WBCS 2016? Marks required for WBCS 2016?

I am a part 2 student of bsc honours in geography..am i eligible for wbcs 2016?? What marks are required for wbcs exam 2016?

3rd October 2015, 02:17 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Geography honours student is eligible for WBCS 2016? Marks required for WBCS 2016?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am a part 2 student of bsc honours in geography..am i eligible for wbcs 2016?? What marks are required for wbcs exam 2016?
Yes, you are eligible for WBCS 2016 exam because you are now in 2nd year of your graduation degree.

WBCS stands for West Bengal Civil Service exam. This exam is conducted by Public Service Commission.

If you have completed graduation in any discipline from recognized university then you are eligible for WBCS 2016 exam. Final year student are eligible for WBCS 2016 exam.

Your age should be in between 21 to 32 years.

Age relaxation is given below -

5 years relaxation for SC/ST candidates
3 years relaxation for OBC Candidates
10 years relaxation for PHC candidates
5 years relaxation for Ex-serviceman

New pattern for WBCS exam:-

i English Composition 25 Marks
ii General Science 25 Marks
iii Current events of National & International Importance 25 Marks
iv History of India 25 Marks
v Geography of India with special reference to West Bengal 25 Marks
vi Indian Polity and Economy 25 Marks
vii Indian National Movement 25 Marks
viii General Mental Ability 25 Marks
3rd October 2015, 05:17 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Geography honours student is eligible for WBCS 2016? Marks required for WBCS 2016?

Yes, any discipline graduates can apply for WBCS 2016 exam. There is no percentage criteria and you just need a degree with pass marks from a recognized university. You must have knowledge of Bengali language if you are applying for this exam. Also, you should be domicile of West Bengal.

Selection will be based on the performance in the written exam and interview which will be conducted by the West Bengal Public Service Commission.
3rd October 2015, 10:03 PM
sarita46
Senior Member+++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Eligibility for West Bengal Service examination are:

- A candidate must have passed his/her graduation in any discipline from recognized institute.There is no such specific percentage needed in order to apply for this exam. Only Graduation degree in any discipline is required.

- Candidate age should be above 21 years but not more than 32 years. However, for there is a relaxation provided to OBC and SC/ST candidates that is 3 years for OBC and 5 years for SC/ST candidates.

- The most important criteria for this exam is that candidate should have to know Bengali language (read and write both). Then only he/she will be eligible to apply for this exam.

So, coming to your question that is geography honors student is eligible for this exam so the answer to your question is Yes, you are eligible for this exam only when you clear your graduation degree. There is no such minimum marks that one has to obtained in order to sit for this exam. The only thing which is required is your graduation degree with any marks from recognized institute/university.
3rd October 2015, 10:34 PM
palugulavenumadhav
Senior Member+++++

West Bengal Civil Services Commission conducts WBCS exam for the recruitment of staffs and officers in the 20 departments of West Bengal government.

ELIGIBILITY :

* Candidate should be citizen of India.

* Candidates age should be minimum of 21 years and maximum of 32 years.

* Age relaxation is applicable as per norms.

* Candidate should possess Graduation degree(with or without honors)with at least 55% of marks from a recognized university.

* Candidate should have ability to read, write and speak bengali.

* Candidate should have good health and character in all respects for appointment to government service.

SELECTION PROCEDURE :

* Preliminary examination.

* Mains examination.

* Personal Interview.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?