7th October 2015, 10:15 PM
Unregistered

Eligibility to join NDA for National Institute of Open Schooling candidate?

Hello,
Am I eligible for NDA as I have done my 12th from National Institute of Open Schooling? Please tell me about my eligibility. Thank you in advance.

Related Questions:
  1. Am I eligible for NDA after studying higher secondary in national institute of open schooling?
  2. Eligibility to appear in AIIMS Para Medical Exam for National Institute of Open Schooling candidate?
  3. Will I get my Admit card for sure if repeating 12th from private?
  4. After 12th from NIOS can we have admission in any college or university?
  5. Can NOS passed students get government jobs?
  6. National Institute of Open Schooling, Senior Secondary Exam-Computer Science (330) Exam - Download Previous Year's Question Papers
  7. National Institute of Open Schooling Secondary- Word Processing (219) Exam - Download Previous Years Question Papers
  8. Is NIOS board a recognized board? -- [Most Discussed]
  9. How to do BBA after passing 12th from National Institute of open Schooling?
  10. Is 10 2 from National Institute of Open Schooling accepted in IIHM admission?
  11. What is the procedure to be followed for getting admission in NDA school?
  12. National Institute of Open Schooling Secondary Exam-Science (212) Exam - Download Previous Years Question Papers
  13. Can National Institute of Open Schooling students apply for admission in IPU?
  14. National Institute of Open Schooling Senior Secondary -Home Science (321) Exam - Download Previous Years Question Papers
  15. National Institute of Open Schooling Secondary Hindi (201) Exam - Download Previous Years Question Papers
  16. Whether the value of CBSE Board and NIOS Board is same?
  17. Can I get admission to study MBBS if pursue 12th from National Institute Of Open Schooling?
  18. Can I be eligible for Aligarh Muslim University entrance after passing senior secondary from National Institute of Open Schooling Noida?
10th October 2015, 01:28 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility to join NDA for National Institute of Open Schooling candidate?

The full form of NDA is National Defence Academy. The examination for this academy is conducted twice every year by UPSC. It gives you chance to join different wings of defense like Indian Army, Navy and Air force.

The eligibility criteria for this exam is that candidate should have done 10+2 in science stream for Indian Navy and Airforce and in any stream for Army from a recognized stream like CBSE, ICSE, NIOS etc. So, you can apply for the NDA exam.

NIOS is the National Institute of Open Schooling. It is a central government recognized board. So, you can apply for NDA exams after pursuing 10+2 from NIOS board. Other than academic qualification, age limit is 16.5-19.5 years for all category candidates.

One other important criteria for this exam is that only unmarried male candidates can apply for the NDA entrance exam.
10th October 2015, 06:19 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility to join NDA for National Institute of Open Schooling candidate?

Yes, Candidates who have completed their 12th Class from a recognized university are eligible to apply. Since National Institute of Open Schooling (NIOS) is a recognized university, you are very certainly eligible to appear in National Defense Academy Entrance Examination. Since NIOS is a recognized institution/ organization, I am happy to say that you are certainly eligible to apply for NDA Examination. The minimum educational qualification required to be eligible for appearing in NDA Examination is "12th Class" on 10+2 patten from a recognized university. The minimum age required to be eligible is 16.5 years and the maximum age must not exceed 19 years. There is no age relaxation for any category candidates (whether OBC/ SC/ ST/ PWD/ Ex-Servicemen). I can say that you are surely eligible to appear in NDA Examination.
11th October 2015, 01:36 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello,
Am I eligible for NDA as I have done my 12th from National Institute of Open Schooling? Please tell me about my eligibility. Thank you in advance.
Yes, you are eligible for NDA exam.

Candidates who have completed the 12th standard from a recognized board or equivalent exam are eligible for NDA exam. Final year of 12th standard are eligible for NDA exam. Your age should be in between to 16.5 years to 19.5 years.

Written examination will be divided into 2 parts-

Mathematics-300 marks.
General ability Test- 600 marks.

Total time duration for 2 papers is 300 mins

General Ability Test -

English 200 marks
General Knowledge 400 marks
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?