8th October 2015, 07:54 PM
Unregistered

Is Graduation enough for sitting in UPSC Civil Services examination?

Hello sir,

My name is Sumit Jagtap and I am going to complete my graduation at Yashwantrao Chavan m.v.. Si am i eligible for upsc civil services examination?
pls reply me..!

8th October 2015, 09:56 PM
palugulavenumadhav
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is Graduation enough for sitting in UPSC Civil Services examination?

Yes, you are eligible to write the civil services examination.

The candidates who are applying to the civil services should fulfill the following eligibility criteria :

ELIGIBILITY :

* Candidate should be citizen of India.

* Candidates age should be in the range of 21-30 years.

* Age relaxation is applicable as per norms.

* Candidate must possess bachelor's degree in any discipline from any recognized university.

* Candidate should secure at least 60% marks or above in the qualifying examination.

SELECTION PROCEDURE :

* Written examination.

* Personal Interview.

* Medical test.
8th October 2015, 10:05 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is Graduation enough for sitting in UPSC Civil Services examination?

Yes, Graduation is absolutely enough for appearing in Civil Services Examination conducted Union Public Service Commission every year. The minimum educational qualification required to be eligible for appearing in Civil Services is "Degree of a recognized university or its equivalent". And candidates appearing in the final year of Graduation are also eligible to appear in Civil Services Examination. List of Optional subjects are, Civil Engineering, Agriculture, Law, Anthropology, Botany, Indian History, Physics, Zoology, Philosophy, Mathematics, Management, Commerce and Accountancy, Geography, Statistics, Psychology and other subjects. So you will have to choose one of the optional subjects in the Civil Services Main Examination. Since Graduation is a basic educational qualification required, you are certainly eligible to appear in Civil Services Examination.
8th October 2015, 11:01 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Yes, candidates who have completed Graduation course in any discipline from a recognised university are eligible to appear in UPSC Civil Services examination. UPSC conducts Civil Services examinations like IAS, IPS, IES, IFS, etc. every year. Candidates who have completed Graduation in any discipline from a recognised university are eligible to appear in UPSC Civil Services examination. The minimum age required to appear in UPSC Civil Services examinations is 21 years and the maximum age is 30 years. Upper age relaxation is applicable to reserved category candidates as per government rules.
8th October 2015, 11:04 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello sir,

My name is Sumit Jagtap and I am going to complete my graduation at Yashwantrao Chavan m.v.. Si am i eligible for upsc civil services examination?
pls reply me..!
Yes, graduation degree is enough for UPSC Civil Service exam.

Those candidates who have completed graduation in any discipline from a recognized university are eligible for UPSC Civil Service exam.

Age criteria:

For General: 21 to 30 years
For OBC: 21 to 33 years
For SC/ST: 21 to 35 years

No. of Attempts:

For General: 3
For OBC: 7
For SC/ST: No Restriction

Selection process for UPSC Civil Service exam:

1)Preliminary test
2)Mains exam
3)Personal interview
8th October 2015, 11:46 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

The eligibility criteria for the Union Public Service Commission Civil Services examination is as below:

1. Academic Qualification:

>>Bachelor's degree in any stream from a recognized university. Final year candidates can also apply for the exam. There is no minimum percentage criteria, if you have passed your bachelor's degree even with passing percentage of marks, you can apply for the exam.

So, yes, graduation is enough for sitting in UPSC Civil Services exam.

2. Age criteria:

>>You can apply for the exam if you have attained the minimum age of 21 years and the upper age limit is 32 years for general category and relaxation of three years and five years given to OBC and SC/ST candidates respectively.
9th October 2015, 12:27 AM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to appear for the civil services examination conducted by the UPSC every year after the graduation.

The examination is conducted for the recruitment of the candidates as IAS,IPS,IFS etc....The eligibility to appear for the examination is :-
* Candidates must have passed the graduation from any recognised university.
* Candidates age must be between 21-32 years and relaxation in the age for the reserved category.

So you can appear for the examination after the graduation. The examination is conducted in the three stages and the candidates have to qualify in all the stages. The application form for the 2016 examination is available from the April 2016.

For more information about the examination visit at the www.upsc.gov.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?