8th October 2015, 09:45 PM
Unregistered

Detailed information about Bank Education Loan BPLR?

Respected Sir/Mam,
I am Harish and I want to study B.Tech. For this I want to apply for Bank Education Loan. I have searched websites alot about Education Loan but couldn't understand BPLR system. Please tell me about BPLR and provide me all the information of it.

Related Questions:
  1. Detailed information about Bank Education Loan BPLR?
  2. What is BPLR in respect to educational loan? How to apply for educational loan to study MBBS? -- [New]
  3. Detailed information about Punjab National Bank Education Loan scheme to study B.Tech?
  4. Detailed information about Union Bank Education Loan scheme to study B.Tech? How much extra percentage they charge for Education Loan?
  5. Detailed information about the Bank Education Loan to study B.Pharmacy? -- [Most Discussed]
  6. Detailed information about Margin and Repayment of Loan terms available in Bank Education Loan scheme?
  7. Detailed information and procedure to apply for Bank Education Loan to study B.Tech in IIT?
  8. Detailed information about Andhra Bank Education Loan scheme for study B.Tech?
  9. Detailed information about Bank Education Loan to study MCA?
  10. Can I apply for Education Loan for higher education if completed B.E. with Bank Education Loan?
  11. Bank Education Loan scheme of SBI, Bank of India and Bank of Baroda to study MBBS course of Rs. 350000 p.a. fee expense?
  12. Detailed information about Education Loan interest rates of Banks for study in MCA?
  13. Detailed information about State Bank of India Education Loan to study MBA program?
  14. Can I apply for Education Loan from 2 Banks of Rs. 22 Lacs to study in Australia? Detailed information about Margin of Education Loan?
  15. How should i approach for education loan being from a poor family background?
  16. Detailed information about Bank Education Loan to study M.Sc in Clinical Research in Canada or UK?
  17. How much interest will be charged on Education Loan to study MDS? Detailed information about Mode of Repayment? -- [Most Discussed]
  18. Is it possible to get the education loan if I am from a poor family?
19th July 2023, 10:17 PM
4700BC

Default Re: Detailed information about Bank Education Loan BPLR?

What is BPLR?
BPLR stands for Benchmark Prime Lending Rate. It is the base rate at which banks lend to their most creditworthy customers. The BPLR is used as a reference rate for many other types of loans, including education loans.
How is BPLR calculated?
The BPLR is calculated by adding a spread to the bank's cost of funds. The spread is a margin that the bank adds to its cost of funds to cover its operating costs and make a profit. The spread is usually between 2% and 4%.
How does BPLR affect education loans?
The interest rate on an education loan is typically linked to the BPLR. This means that if the BPLR goes up, the interest rate on your education loan will go up as well.
What are the benefits of BPLR-linked education loans?
There are a few benefits to BPLR-linked education loans:
  • The interest rate is usually lower than the market rate.
  • The interest rate is fixed for the entire loan term, so you know exactly how much you will have to pay back.
What are the drawbacks of BPLR-linked education loans?
There are a few drawbacks to BPLR-linked education loans:
  • The interest rate can go up, which means that your monthly payments will go up as well.
  • If the bank's cost of funds goes up, the spread will also go up, which means that the interest rate on your loan will go up.
How do I choose an education loan with BPLR?
When choosing an education loan with BPLR, you should consider the following factors:
  • The interest rate: The interest rate is the most important factor to consider. You should compare the interest rates offered by different banks to find the best deal.
  • The loan term: The loan term is the length of time that you will have to repay the loan. You should choose a loan term that you can afford.
  • The repayment options: You should choose a loan with repayment options that fit your budget.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?