10th October 2015, 10:36 AM
suchismita patnaik

Eligibility criteria and admission procedure for distance MA in English from IGNOU?

I am a graduate(bachelors in engineering) with 53% marks. Am i eligible for ma in english in distance mode in ignou? If yes then guide me for admission procedure,

Related Questions:
  1. What is the eligibility criteria for Ph.D in English? I am appearing for M.A English in IGNOU
  2. IGNOU is conducting M.Phil in Management course? Total fee, eligibility and procedure to get admission?
  3. Eligibility criteria for M.Phil Distance Course?
  4. How to take admission in MSW course from IGNOU distance learning? What is the eligibility criteria for the same and the fee structure?
  5. What's the eligibility criteria, admission procedure and fee structure for doing MSW course from IGNOU(correspondence)?
  6. Required Eligibility criteria to do M.Phil course in Distance Learning at IGNOU?
  7. Admission procedure for MSc Maths(Correspondence) from IGNOU? Eligibility criteria for it? -- [Most Discussed]
  8. How to take admission in MSW course from IGNOU? What is the criteria and procedure for admission?
  9. Admission procedure for joining M.Com program offered by IGNOU? What's the last date of submission for admission forms?
  10. Eligibility criteria and admission procedure of BA honours at Oxford University?
  11. Required Eligibility criteria and Procedure to join B.Ed course in IGNOU?
  12. Eligibility criteria to take admission into B.Ed course? Universities providing B.Ed course in Distance Learning? Eligibility criteria for taking admission into CDAC?
  13. What is the eligibility criteria for MCA? Can I do MCA after doing BCA from IGNOU? What is the admission procedure?
  14. What is the admission criteria for M.Ed distance course? What is the procedure of B.Ed exam? How much is the fee?
  15. What is the procedure and details to be followed for doing Ph.D course in English in Maharashtra?
  16. Best universities from which I can do the MSc Physics through distance mode? What is the admission procedure, eligibility criteria and requirements?
  17. Am I eligible to do Ph.D course after completion of MA English with 50% marks from IGNOU?
  18. Does IGNOU offer M.Phil through correspondence? Procedure and the eligibility criteria?
10th October 2015, 04:21 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility criteria and admission procedure for distance MA in English from IGNOU?

Quote:
Originally Posted by suchismita patnaik View Post
I am a graduate(bachelors in engineering) with 53% marks. Am i eligible for ma in english in distance mode in ignou? If yes then guide me for admission procedure,
No, you are not eligible for MA in English in IGNOU.

Those candidates who have completed B.A in English from a recognized university with above 45% marks are eligible for M.A in English.

Your Age should be above 18 years.
10th October 2015, 07:18 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility criteria and admission procedure for distance MA in English from IGNOU?

Yes, you will be eligible to get admission for distance MA in English from IGNOU after doing Bachelor's degree.

MA in English offered by IGNOU comes under School of Humanities (SOH).

MA in English stands for Master of Arts (English).

MA in English is a post graduate course in English literature. It is a two year duration course.The minimum time duration to complete this course is 2 years and maximum is 5 years .

Course Fee is Rs. 9,000 .

The eligibility required to get admission for MA in English are as under:-

-The candidate should have completed graduation in any discipline or a higher degree from a recognized university .

-There is no age bar to apply for this course.
11th October 2015, 12:06 AM
JSD.

Yes of course you can do the MA course from Ignou with your bachelor degree in engineering with 53% marks.

MA is Master in arts.This course is of duration of two years. The basic eligibility criteria for this course is to have a bachelor degree course in any stream from a recognised university with good percentile.

Ignou is Indra Gandhi National Open University. This university provides so many correspondence course, MA is one of them. For the detail information regarding admission process you can visit on to the official website of the Ignou.
11th October 2015, 12:44 PM
H Rimmy

Yes You are eligible for distance MA in English from IGNOU University(Indira Gandhi National Open University).

Eligibility Criteria to getting admission for MA in English:-You should have graduate in any stream even you have graduate in Engineering with minimum 50% marks you can get admission in MA.

MA in English is two years Master Degree Course .It is a very good course after completing MA you can become lecturer in Private College.

Procedure to getting admission in MA from IGNOU university you have to go to official site of IGNOU & click to Application form and have to filled it otherwise you can also do phone call to IGNOU and take some details on Phone.
The course fees of MA near about Rs 8500 to 9000.
15th October 2015, 11:17 PM
Palace2

You are eligible for distance MA in English from IGNOU University.You should have graduate in any stream even you have graduate in Engineering with minimum 50% marks you can get admission in MA.
4th November 2015, 10:48 AM
Unregistered

I am graduate with b.com (h). Shall i eligible for m.sc (maths) or m.a. (eng) from IGNOU?
28th March 2016, 09:55 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to do ma English again if I have done post graduation in English from some other university .
23rd June 2017, 12:12 PM
Unregistered

CAN WE PAY HALF AMOUNT FOR MA IN ENGLISH FOR ONE YEAR OR ELSE FULL FEE WE HAVE TO PAY
4th August 2017, 12:09 AM
Unregistered

I have completed graduation (10 2 2) system from tripura university at 1995 . Am I eligible for doing MA (Eng) from ignore? If not how can I do it?
8th July 2018, 02:04 PM
Unregistered

I have passed MA,BA from Dakshina Bharath Hindi Prachar Sabha Madras.I did 2 after graduation.My educational pattern is 10 3 2. Now I want to take admission MA english in ignou. Am I eligible for to take admission?
15th January 2019, 06:15 PM
Unregistered

I am B.com (10 2 2)system on 1993 from Calcutta university with 2nd divition. Can I elegible for m.a english course . If not please tell me how I shall do it.
18th July 2019, 10:43 PM
Unregistered

I have done bsc medical in 2012 from punjabi university patiala with 48% marks .can i eligible for ma english
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?