11th October 2015, 09:49 PM
Unregistered

Eligibility criteria for making career in Music Production?

My son is going to appear 12th from CBSE board. And he has completed piano fourth year from ABRSM. He wants to learn music production. So i need information about eligibility conditions for making career in music production field. Please advice.

12th October 2015, 10:56 AM
joyshreenath
Senior Member++

Default Re: Eligibility criteria for making career in Music Production?

He would have to do a diploma course in multimedia too. The reason I am saying this because, in multimedia there is a section on sound production and editing. If your son has already taken a course on learning piano, it is an added advantage for him. He has to learn sound editing along with sound production. That way his knowledge in music will be more versatile. There are so many sound editing software and a multimedia course helps him learn all these. So I suggest you admit him in a 2 year diploma or 3 year graduation in multimedia. Thus he will be able to learn other editing skills like image and video. So he will learn how to create and sell his own music albums too. For a multimedia diploma course there is no eligibility criteria. Anybody at any age can enrol in this course. Only thing is that if you are an ICSE or CBSE degree holder then learning in this course becomes much easier. For a graduation course in multimedia, you must be 12th standard degree holder.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?