20th October 2015, 08:45 PM
Unregistered

What qualification is required to become a Narcotics Officer?

Hi sir, This is wasim. I want to become a Narcotics officer in india. Currently i have finished class 12th. I want to know the qualification required to become a narcotics officer. So please help me sir.

21st October 2015, 11:00 AM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What qualification is required to become a Narcotics Officer?

Educational qualification required to become Narcotics Officer:

1) Narcotics Officer post is filled up by two ways, one is either through examination conducted by Narcotics Control Bureau (or) through Union Public Service Commission Civil Services Examination.

2) Since you have completed 12th Class, I am sorry to say that you are not eligible to apply for Narcotics officer post now.

3) In order to be eligible, you are required to do "Graduation" or Bachelor Degree in any discipline from a recognized university.

4) The minimum age required to appear in exam is 20 years and the maximum age must not exceed 27 years for Narcotics officer post.
21st October 2015, 02:45 PM
Prince8645
Senior Member+

Soory, you are not eligible to appear for the CGL examination and hence cannot become the officer as according to the present educational qualification.

The eligibility to appear for the CGL examination is :-
* Candidates must have passed the graduation from the recognised university.
* Candidates age must be less than 28 years with the relaxation in the age for the reserved category.

So you need to pursue the graduation course to appear for the examination and get the recruitment. The examination is conducted in the three stages and the candidates have to qualify in all the stages for the final selection.

For more information about the examination visit at the www.ssc.nic.in.
21st October 2015, 07:54 PM
palugulavenumadhav
Senior Member+++++

Narcotic Control Bureau (NCB) is an agency which is responsible for drug trafficking and other illegal substances among the country.

The eligible candidates are recruited by NCB for the post of Narcotic Officer.

ELIGIBILITY :

* Candidate should be citizen of India.

* Candidates age should not be less than 20 years.

* Candidate should complete his graduation in any discipline from any recognized university or institution.

* Candidate should secure at least 60% marks in the qualifying examination.

SELECTION PROCEDURE :

* The candidates are shortlisted on the basis of their educational qualifications.

* Later, the selected candidates should undergo a Written Proficiency test.

As you have finished class 12th, it's better to complete your bachelor's degree in any stream from a recognized university.
2nd February 2016, 09:50 PM
Unregistered

Sar my name is Madhu lam compleat m pharmacy I have interest in narcotic officer how to enter in department please helf me sir please mention the details
17th January 2017, 03:08 PM
Unregistered

SIR MY NAME IS ABITHA I AM FINAL YEAR B.COM , SO IM PREPARING NCB EXAMS BUT HOW CAN I APPLY FOR IT .. HOW CAN I GET THE UPDATES
17th June 2018, 12:19 AM
Unregistered

Sir I'm diwakar from Coimbatore, Tamilnadu. I did my Pg biochemistry in Bharathiar University affiliated college. I'm interested in work with narcotics dept. What is the eligibility and criteria I need to for this job. Reply me sir As soon as possible.
8th November 2018, 11:22 PM
Unregistered

Hello sir, my self swati, i have completed my b.pharm in 2015, and now i am working in pharmaceutical company in production dept. From july 2015, so can i eligible for the narcotic officer preparation.
13th March 2019, 01:31 PM
Unregistered

Hello sir ,i am a student of agriculture btech and wants to apply for narcotic officer ,so can i appear in exam and also i need to know how will i get the form to fill,Is there and portal where i can find the form ?
29th November 2019, 07:10 PM
Unregistered

Sir i want to join in narcotics control bureau .I am doing my final year am I applicable for writting NCB exam??
9th March 2020, 06:40 PM
Unregistered

I am sudharsanan. S from Chennai i had studied MBA in vels university am I Applicable for the narcotics examination
13th May 2020, 06:22 AM
Unregistered

Sir, i am Moyim mallick, a student of b. Pharm (bachelor of pharmacy), Sir have any chance or facilities for us(pharmacy students) to become a narcotic officer?
29th August 2020, 09:30 PM
Unregistered

i am Shanti. i completed my graduation in Biotechnology and post graduation in Nanotechnology, so can i study narcotic courses or to can i become a narcotic officer??
26th January 2021, 01:24 PM
Unregistered

Sir, I am Rosemary Francis, Kerala. Now I am doing BA Functional English, final year. What I want to do next?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?