23rd October 2015, 01:25 AM
Unregistered

Should I choose Science to study in 9th ICSE if weak in Physics?

Hi,
I am a student of ICSE Board, studying in 8th standard. From 9th standard I have to choose whether to study Science, Commerce or Humanities. I like to choose Science but the problem is, I am not good in Physics at all. So, I should choose Science?

27th October 2015, 10:48 PM
rituja mukherjee

Default Re: Should I choose Science to study in 9th ICSE if weak in Physics?

Hello,

Taking up science stream is definitely a good option, but in your case you have to take the final decision based on your own capability. Class 9 indicates pre-board. Here there is no scope for any experiment. If you wish to take up science, then you have to evaluate your entire strengths and weaknesses on the science subjects. If you find that your foundation on other subjects such as maths, biology, chemistry are good enough then you can take up. In that case if you work on physics, you will be able to overcome the hurdle. But if you are not confident about the other science subjects then it will be better to choose other stream. Its essential that you evaluate yourself properly from all aspects to take the ultimate decision.
28th October 2015, 08:59 AM
chintu helper
Senior Member++

Thumbs up Re: Should I choose Science to study in 9th ICSE if weak in Physics?

As you mentioned that you are weak in physics, so i won't suggests you to take science because you will surely face so many problems in 11 and 12th class physics it's really much harder. If you are interested in science then take it if you can give more time to physics or go for another subjects. Now it's your choice.
28th October 2015, 04:11 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

The problem is if you choose science stream then Physics is a compulsory subject because most of the medical and engineering entrance exam ask for physics subject.

Hence, you have to opt for physics and there is no other way of entering science stream. If you are not good at physics and don't want to study then it will be difficult to study engineering or medical because you will not fulfill the eligibility criteria.
28th December 2017, 02:31 PM
Unregistered

I love physics,maths and computer but I do not get good marks in science and maths.I spend my entire day thinking about physics and why all those phenomenons are occurring.I also try to invent things.due to poor marks,I will have to take up commerce or arts(the subjects I detest to the utmost).does anyone have an advice?
26th March 2018, 04:37 AM
Unregistered

Can a student who is weak in maths but good in physics and biology and average in chemistry go for science in class-9 ICSE board and then take commerce in Class-11?
6th February 2022, 02:44 PM
Unregistered

Are Economics and EVS good subject choices in grade 9 icse board and what are the options available for future studies?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?