25th October 2015, 07:21 PM
Unregistered

Can i join AMIE for writing IAS in future?

Dear Sir,

I have completed my 3 years diploma in electronics engg. Now i am planning for AMIE after this. As i want to write IAS next. Sir please tell me whether AMIE is good for writing IAS or not?

26th October 2015, 12:38 AM
ant man

Default Re: Can i join AMIE for writing IAS in future?

AMIE stands for Associate member of institute of engineering India. The degree awarded is equivalent to B.Tech degree and British bachelor's honors degree.

For doing AMIE you must the entrance exam first.
1. All the diploma in engineering candidates and 12th MPC candidates are eligible.
2. All the diploma holders can directly join in 2nd year course where as others must do from 1st year.
3. All the 12th MPC candidates must have minimum 45% marks
4. The age limit for joining AMIE is 17 - 25 years.

Sure you can apply for IAS exam after completing AMIE.

IAS stands for Indian Administrative service. The eligibility is as below

1. You must complete degree from a recognised university.
2. You must be a Indian citizen or as per government rules.
3. The age limit is between 21 - 30 years. There are upper age limit eligible
26th October 2015, 01:26 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Dear Sir,

I have completed my 3 years diploma in electronics engg. Now i am planning for AMIE after this. As i want to write IAS next. Sir please tell me whether AMIE is good for writing IAS or not?
No, you are not eligible for IAS exam.

IAS stands for Indian Administrative Services. IAS exam is conducted by Union Public Service Commission. IAS exam is conducted one time in a year.

If you have completed graduation in any discipline from a recognized university then you are eligible for IAS exam.

Age Criteria:

For General: 21 to 30 years
For OBC: 21 to 33 years
For SC/ST: 21 to 35 years

No. of Attempts:

For General: 3
For OBC: 7
For SC/ST: No Restriction
26th October 2015, 04:38 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

AMIE is still considered equivalent to engineering graduation and you will be definitely eligible for IAS exam after completion of the said course. Therefore, as of now you can take admission without any worries and continue with your job.

Just make sure that your age is between 21 to 30 years when you are applying for IAS exam after completion of AMIE. Exam is conducted by UPSC and graduation in any discipline is the required qualification for it.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?