29th October 2015, 10:15 PM
Unregistered

Is it possible to take Architecture without studying Maths in 11th and 12th?

Hi,

I am studying in an ICSE School in the IX now, and I intend to take up architecture but although I have dropped science, I have taken maths, if I drop maths in the XI & XII, can i still take up architecture?
Thanks,
Maria

29th October 2015, 10:56 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it possible to take Architecture without studying Maths in 11th and 12th?

It is important to opt for non medical stream to be an Architect.

You need to opt for maths, physics chemistry and English as compulsory subjects.

Hence you can't become Architect without mathematics.
30th October 2015, 09:48 AM
Bestanswerer
Banned

Default Re: Is it possible to take Architecture without studying Maths in 11th and 12th?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi,

I am studying in an ICSE School in the IX now, and I intend to take up architecture but although I have dropped science, I have taken maths, if I drop maths in the XI & XII, can i still take up architecture?
Thanks,
Maria
Sorry it is not possible to study Architecture without studying Mathematics subject. It is mandatory that you must studied Mathematics subject to be eligible for Architecture course.
31st October 2015, 02:14 AM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

The eligibility criteria for the Bachelor's degree in Architecture is:

1. Candidate must completed 10+2 from a recognized board with important subjects like Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry and English.

After that you can apply for the entrance exams like JEE or NATA for the bachelor's degree in Architecture.

Therefore it is not possible to take Architecture without studying mathematics in 11th and 12th.
17th December 2018, 01:42 AM
rituja mukherjee

Don't even think of Architecture without mathematics. You can never opt Architecture without maths, as no college will permit you to do so. Most importantly, for NATA or JEE examinations also, mathematics is compulsory, without which you'll never be eligible to take up B.Arch. As per the mandate, Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics in +2 level is a must!
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?