31st October 2015, 11:44 AM
vishalkhadke

What is the validity of M.Sc degree awarded by CMJ university?

Is M.Sc chemistry degree awarded by CMJ university is valid for further studies like Ph.D? Is that university approved by UGC?

I am trying to contact CMJ university, but all the phone numbers given on official website of CMJ university are not valid. So can you provide me the contact details?

31st October 2015, 02:13 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the validity of M.Sc degree awarded by CMJ university?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishalkhadke View Post
Is M.Sc chemistry degree awarded by CMJ university is valid for further studies like Ph.D? Is that university approved by UGC?

I am trying to contact CMJ university, but all the phone numbers given on official website of CMJ university are not valid. So can you provide me the contact details?
M.Sc degree from CMJ University is valid for Ph.D registration because your University is recognized by UGC. But you should qualify in UGC NET exam.

NET stands for National Eligibility Test which is conducted twice time in year by UGC.

Those candidates who have completed masters degree from a recognized university are eligible for NET exam. General and OBC candidates should hold 55% and above marks in masters degree. For SC/ST candidate its 50% and above in masters degree.

Age criteria for NET exam:-

For JRF Post :-Your age should be below 28 years.

For Lectureship Post :-There is no age criteria.
31st October 2015, 04:41 PM
sarita46
Senior Member+++

CMJ University offers all courses on regular basis only through main campus at Meghalaya. All courses as per nomenclature is approved by UGV under section 22 of UGC Act.

You can visit the following link for clearing your doubt http://cmju.net.in/recognisation-awards.htm
3rd November 2015, 08:26 PM
Unregistered

I have qualified Ph.D entrance test organised by Pacific academy of higher education and research (Pacific University), But they disqualify me at the time of interview because i have completed M.Sc chemistry from CMJ university in 2012.They said M.Sc chemistry degree awarded by CMJ university in 2012 is invalid and asked me to get the validity letter for the M.Sc chemistry degree awarded by CMJ university. They suspected that CMJ university got the warning letter from UGC in 2013 and all the degrees awrded by CMJ university is invalid.
I spoked with CMJ university about the validity letter for the M.Sc degree. But they are unable to give me that letter because of unknown reason. What should i do? How can i prove to pacific university that my M.Sc chemistry degree awrded by CMJ university is completly valid ?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?