31st October 2015, 12:52 PM
awate nikhil

What is the procedure to be followed for getting admission in M.E Marine Engineering after completion of B.E Mechanical egnineering?

Dear Sir/Madam,
I am doing B.E. mechanical (3rd year).I want to take admission in M.E. marine engineering. So for that what i do.? Can you please let me know the steps and the procedure which I need to follow next? Awaiting for the response soon!

Related Questions:
  1. Procedure to get admission for Marine Engineering after completion of Diploma in Mechanical Engineering?
  2. What is the procedure to pursue Marine Engineering after completion of Mechanical Engineering?
  3. How can I do PG in Marine engineering after completing Mechanical engineering? What's the admission procedure for the same? I'm in 4th year B.Tech(Mechanical engineering)
  4. What is the procedure to join the Marine after completion of Mechanical Engineering?
  5. Procedure to apply for Marine Engineering after completion of BE in Mechanical with an aggregate of 60%?
  6. How may i join Marine Course after completion of Mechanical Engineering? Which is the best available institute?
  7. Am I eligible to join Marine engineering after completion of diploma in Mechanical Engineering?
  8. Procedure to get admission Marine Engineering after diploma in mechanical? What is the fee structure?
  9. After diploma in mechanical engineering can I take admission in B.Tech Marine Engineering? Marks required in final year diploma for admission in Marine? Names of colleges in Maharashtra?
  10. Can I do marine engineering after mechanical engineering? Procedure to get admission after degree? I am pursuing mechanical engineering
  11. What is the procedure for marine engineering admission after diploma in mechanical
  12. What are the procedure to join marine engineering after mechanical engineering
  13. Should I join marine engineering after completing graduation in mechanical engineering or directly?
  14. Can I do Marine Engineering after mechanical engineering? Procedure to get admission after degree?
  15. Procedure to do PG in Marine Engineering after Mechanical Engineering completion?
  16. How to get admission for Mechanical Engineering in US or UK or Australia after completion of Diploma in Mechanical? Best universities offering this course in these countries? Duration and Fee structure for this course?
  17. How to join marine engineering after passing diploma in mechanical engineering? -- [Most Discussed]
  18. Procedure to join Marine Engineering after Diploma in Mechanical engineering?
31st October 2015, 03:30 PM
ME471
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the procedure to be followed for getting admission in M.E Marine Engineering after completion of B.E Mechanical egnineering?

You can definitely get admission in the Marine engineering after completing your B.E.mechanical.

Here is the complete eligibility that you must have to fulfill for getting admission in the marine engineering :

** Graduation in BE (Mechanical) Engineering / Naval Architecture with minimum marks of 50% in final year

** Must have minimum 50% marks in English language at 10th or 12th or in Degree Exam.

** Must not be more than 28 years old

** Should satisfy all health requirements that are necessary to join the merchant navy.

You can apply for the one year graduate marine engineering course after completion of your B.E.

Here i am giving you some best institutes for marine engineering :

** Academy of Maritime Education & Training, Chennai

** Samundra Institute of Maritime Studies, Lonavala, Maharashtra

** Vel’s Academy of Maritime Education and Training, Chennai

** International Maritime Institute Ltd, Greater Noida
31st October 2015, 07:39 PM
lvnareshsunrise
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the procedure to be followed for getting admission in M.E Marine Engineering after completion of B.E Mechanical egnineering?

Yes. You are eligible to join ME in Marine Engineering after completion of BE in Mechanical Engineering. But I don't think it is a good choice since you have studied your 4 years of Graduation in Mechanical Engineering.

If you go for Marine Engineering, again you have to start the subject knowledge from the basics and you won't be having much time to understand the subjects and complete the syllabus before the exams.

In addition to these, while looking for job opportunities also, it would become a problem for you. Companies may not give preference to you. Companies will show more interest in hiring those candidates who did Marine Engineering both at Graduation and Post Graduation level.

So, this is my suggestion and the choice is yours.

The admission for ME course will be given on the basis of performance in the Entrance Exam called GATE.

GATE stands for Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering. GATE score is having very much importance in these days - not only to get admission for ME course but also in getting job opportunities.

By cracking this Exam, you can get admission for this course across various colleges and IIT's in India.

Better to get admission for this course in IIT's so that you will be having great scope in getting top jobs in top companies.

I would suggest you one more way if you don't get admission in IIT's. Marine Engineering course is not being offered by all the colleges. So, collect the list of good colleges offering this course.

Just enquire those colleges regarding the admission procedure - either through GATE score or will there be any special Entrance Exam and go accordingly.

Gain good subject knowledge in the course and start looking for job opportunities from the final year of your course itself.
31st October 2015, 08:37 PM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

Yes you will definitely go for M.E in Marine Engineering right after completion of " B.E in Mechanical Engineering ". For this you must give entrance exam conducted by various states or you can also give national level exams like GATE for higher studies.

Through GATE you can also get admission in M.E marine engineering in top colleges in India. It is all depends on Rank you will get in GATE.

With GATE score card you will have an opportunity to get a job in various PSU's. Most of the cases to get job the chances for gate score should be below 750 rank.
31st October 2015, 10:30 PM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by awate nikhil View Post
Dear Sir/Madam,
I am doing B.E. mechanical (3rd year).I want to take admission in M.E. marine engineering. So for that what i do.? Can you please let me know the steps and the procedure which I need to follow next? Awaiting for the response soon!
  • To get admission in M.E. in Marine Engineering, you can appear for GATE Exam.
  • On the basis of GATE Score, you can take admission to any Post Graduate Engineering college on merit basis.
  • Apart from GATE score, you can also take direct admission in M.E. Marine Engineering. However, in this way also, you will have to appear for an entrance test that will be conducted by that college itself. And on the merit basis, they will select you followed by a Personal Interview.
1st November 2015, 02:55 PM
H Rimmy

Procedure to getting admission in M.E. (Marine Engineering).

Qualification Required- You should be graduate in B.E. mechanical engineering with minimum 50% marks from any recognized university.

Age should be between 20 to 28 years.

You must have completed 12th in physics,maths and chemistry with minimum 50% marks.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?