29th May 2011, 11:31 PM
Unregistered

Should I join diploma course or 11th?

i have got 80 % in class 10th. i should go for diploma courses or i should continue my school studies ?
As graduating after +2 level and after holding diploma takes the same time span...!

15th August 2011, 07:56 PM
mukul0094
Banned

Default Re: Should I join diploma course or 11th?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i have got 80 % in class 10th. i should go for diploma courses or i should continue my school studies ?
As graduating after +2 level and after holding diploma takes the same time span...!
Diploma Course After Completing 10th class.

Yes, if you are interested in the diploma course then you can join diploma course after completing 10th class. It is a three year course in the field of science and technology. After completing diploma course you can take admission in the direct 2nd year of B.Tech course through lateral entry examination. So, if you are interested in this course then you can take admission in this course.

You can also take admission in the 11th class after 10th class and after 12th class you can take admission in the B.tech course (4 years) through the entrance examination like IIT JEE, AIEEE, WBJEE....and many other. In IIT and NIT college there are no lateral entry admission. So, if you do diploma course then you can not take admission direct 2nd year of B.Tech course in the IIT and NIT college.

Now, finally depend on you in which field you want to go. I advise you to choose any field by own interest not by parents or other interest. It is your career so decide anything by self. I wish you will get a brightness career.

Regards
~Mukul~
15th August 2011, 08:09 PM
solution
Senior Member++++

hello dear

yes, you can join in the diploma course after 10th.

but see, as you are good student and you have a good academic records 10th, so it will be better if you can do 12th science.

and after that you can do many courses like

degree course in Medical, engineering, pharmacy etc.

all the best.....
15th August 2011, 08:19 PM
sunilpati
Senior Member+++++

hi dear
there are many course after 10th
as you can do +2 or diploma for better you can do +2 after that you can join in engineering course etc..
for more help i am providing you a chart from where you can get some knowledge.

good luck...
15th August 2011, 08:59 PM
arvind_singh
Banned

Well if you have told me that what is your main aim then it would be lot easier for me to help you out but since you didn't tell it so i think both courses are equally good .But still to some extent in diploma you have some advantages and that is ::

If your final aim is to do Btech then i think its a good thing if you do diploma because diploma students have more technical knowledge then other students who have done class 11th and 12th .You will have more practical knowledge and later through lateral entry you can also join any good Btech college if you have a good percentage in your diploma .This is will you advantage over other students in the Btech and you may get good job then others since you have more practical knowledge.

To get admission thorough lateral entry the eligibility criteria is you must have done your diploma with 60% marks.

But if you want to do MBA and any other things other then Btech then doing diploma is not a good thing.Because diploma provides you more technical knowledge not the management knowledge .

In the end i would only like to tell you is that do what you like to do .If you want to go for diploma do not worry just go for it.But do only that things what you like not what others told you to do .
15th August 2011, 09:01 PM
mobeshpal
Senior Member+++++

hi dear
after complete your 10th ,then your career is open decisiion is yours?
what path you choose for future?
because 10th is the decide point of your career,
So after 10th if you go for 11th then there you choose among 3 streams
*SCIENCE
*COMMERCE
*ARTS

Science is the future for engineer,Medical

Commerce for manegerial post

Arts is for history or literature subject.

but if you join Diploma after 10th that is the Technical study after that
because if you go for diploma then you after that you go for Degree engineer..

decision is your what you do??

Good Luck......
15th August 2011, 10:35 PM
edgeineervinay
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi,
In today's market scenario, getting a first class means nothing, as far as future performance is considered. I have got friends who had achieved 78% in 10th and later going on to get 87% in boards. But a sudden fall is also possible.

So it depends on the student what he wants to do and is he really serious about it. If he is willing to work really hard, then PUC is a good option.

In case he does diploma, mind you diploma alone is not good enough. So later he may have to do Engg. A couple of years may be lost in the process.

Commerce is also a good option which you may consider. The engg. centric mentality is not correct, there is a vast scope for all other streams as well.

Hope I have been of help,
Regards,
24th March 2012, 02:48 PM
Unregistered

Hiii....
I wanted to ask dat whether d diploma students are allowed to sit for degree directly...i mean immediately after completing der diploma courses..?? Or they need to gain some practical knowledge or experience in any kind of job after diploma to sit for degre..??
13th June 2012, 03:07 PM
guruvana244

All the fields are good,

^ Its not depends upon the field, its depend upon the choice you want to go for the fields,

^ The both Science and Commerce having good opportunity in now days,

^ In the Science field there are two category,

^ Medical ,

^ Non- Medical,

^ In the Medical stream the Physics, Chemistry,and Biology.

^ You can appear for the course :

^ BAMS,

^ BPT,

^ MBBS,

^ MD,

^ Defense,

^ BHMS,

^So, due to the Medical stream you can get these fields.

^ But the next stream is Non- Medical :

^ In the Non- Medical stream the fields ar :

^ B.tech,

^ defense,

^ B.E,

and M.E,

You can get the career option in the Engineering,

^ NDA in defense field,

^ So, in the Non- medical field you can get these fields,

^ So, if you want to get the admission in the Commerce field then there are follwoing paths you can go :

^ you can go for the BA,

^ B.Com,

^ BBA,

^ BCA,

BBM,

You can also get the admission in the MBA field, due to the commerce field.

12th March 2013, 12:23 PM
Unregistered

i am studying in tenth.I think i can score 90 . I want to become a mechanical engineer. i am good in maths and science.which is right and and advantageous for me to become a mechanical engineer,PUC or diploma.
12th March 2013, 02:38 PM
No 1
Senior Member+

Hi....
Friends,

Yes,

You can join Diploma course after 10th complete.

You are good student and you have good academic records of 10th, so it will better if you can do 12th science.

After 12th so many courses is their like ,

B.Tech

Medical

Pharmacy

NDA .

All the best...........................
19th March 2013, 01:20 AM
raj bn

Yes you can join but there are some advantages and disadvantages of doing diploma rather than 11th.
Advantage: while doing B.E. you will be more comfortable in studying subjects as you have some subjects in diploma repeated in B.E
Disadvantage: your salary will be less compared to B.E students if you choose to do job directly after diploma and need more years to get good incriment and promotions.
Thank you
19th March 2013, 03:08 PM
eiidelhi
Junior Member+

You have a good academic record then you not go in Diploma on 10 base, you should continue your school study means first complete your 10+2 with preparation of IIT JEE entrance exams.

You should do B.tech after 10+2.
20th March 2013, 05:19 PM
yumnamgirish

HELLO

If you are concern with the technical education only then you should go for diploma but if you want other opurtunity then you should go for 10+2.

Generally diploma students are more practically better than the degree student.

After passing diploma you can go for job or further study.

SSC provide diploma conduct exam like junior engineer for mech civil and electrical.

best wishes
girish
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?