10th November 2015, 12:51 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to do PhD being a Statistics postgraduate? Procedure to apply?

Sir,
I have completed my Post Graduation in Statistics. Am I eligible to apply for PhD? Please reply to me what are the procedure I require to apply for PhD?

Related Questions:
  1. Eligibility to study PhD for a postgraduate?
  2. Can I get admission to study PhD in Economics at Delhi School of Economics if completed M.Sc in Statistics with Economics?
  3. Am I eligible to do Ph.D in statistics after completion of B.Com course? -- [Most Discussed]
  4. Procedure to study PhD in Computer Science for a postgraduate?
  5. Eligibility to do PhD in Physics for a postgraduate?
  6. Procedure to study PhD in Education for M.A.(Hindi) and M.Ed postgraduate?
  7. Detailed procedure to apply for Ph.D program through correspondence for M.A.(Kannada) postgraduate?
  8. Procedure to apply for UGC-NET to study PhD in Commerce for M.Com postgraduate?
  9. Admission procedure to study PhD(Physics) in Mumbai University for M.Phil postgraduate of Kerala? Possibility to get direct admission?
  10. Does VTU offer PhD in Architecture course? Eligibility to apply for M.Arch postgraduate?
  11. Where to do PhD in statistics in India? In which all exams to appear?
  12. What are the research Programs in Statistics? Previous question papers of PhD Statistics of Central University?
  13. Am I eligible to study PhD in Biotechnology in Mysore University being a Veterinary Science postgraduate?
  14. Admission procedure to study PhD in English in Calicut University for M.A. postgraduate?
  15. Procedure to study PhD in Management in Abroad for MBA postgraduate? Total expenses to study PhD in Abroad?
  16. Detailed admission procedure to study PhD for M.Sc(Biochemistry) postgraduate?
  17. Which course is in more demand between Ph.D in Statistics and Ph.D in Applied Statistics? -- [Most Discussed]
  18. Which specialization is better to study in PhD among HR and Marketing for MBA postgraduate? Procedure to apply in Ranchi University?
31st May 2016, 02:26 PM
ShreeRocks
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to do PhD being a Statistics postgraduate? Procedure to apply?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir,
I have completed my Post Graduation in Statistics. Am I eligible to apply for PhD? Please reply to me what are the procedure I require to apply for PhD?
Yes, you are eligible to do PhD Statistics with post graduation in Statistics. The eligibility to do PhD in Statistics is a pass in Master’s Degree in Statistics with a minimum of 55% marks from a recognized university. You have to appear for a PhD Entrance Test and interview for the admission. You can download the application from the website or from the university. You have to submit the application along with a brief description of their proposed topic of research. The course is available in various universities in India. You can contact the university statistics department for more details regarding guide availability and admission.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?