6th December 2015, 12:56 AM
Unregistered

Eligibility to get admission in 2nd year of B.Tech in IIT for Diploma student? Is there any entrance exam required?

Hi,
I am pursuing as a student of Diploma in Electronics and Communication. And I am interested to take admission in second year B.Tech in IIT. Am I eligible to take it after completing my Diploma? And if yes, so there any type of entrance exam are needed?

Related Questions:
  1. Can I study B.Tech in IIT after completing Diploma course? Course duration of B.Tech in IIT for Diploma student?
  2. Can diploma pass out student get admission in IIT directly in second year?
  3. Should I have to appear in any entrance exam to get admission in B.Tech 2nd year at IIT after completing ECE Diploma?
  4. lateral admission in btech in civil Engineering after diploma? -- [Most Discussed]
  5. How can I take admission in IIT after passing diploma final year? Which entrance exam is required to be answered?
  6. Lateral entry into B.Tech without any entrance exam in Kolkata?
  7. Procedure for taking admission in btech in punjabi university 2nd year for diploma holders?
  8. Can I give entrance exam of IIT after diploma in EC? Can I get direct 2nd year admission?
  9. How to join a good engineering college after backlog in 1st and 2nd semester in Polytechnic?
  10. Syllabus for polytechnic student for btech entrance exam in DTU
  11. Can I go for 2nd year of IIT JEE college after passing my diploma in Mechanical engineering?
  12. How to join NIT and IIT after completion of diploma coruse?
  13. Admission in 2nd year IIT after Diploma engineering?
  14. Can a diploma student get direct admission into 2nd year of engineering? Study material for entrance exam preparation?
  15. Can i do degree in mechanical engineering in IIT colleges after doing diploma in mechanical?
  16. How to join IIT after passing 2nd year diploma?
  17. Can I get admission in IIT college for B.Tech 2nd year after completing my diploma in computer engineering
  18. Diploma holders can get admission in 2nd year of B.Tech at IIT?
15th December 2015, 08:06 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility to get admission in 2nd year of B.Tech in IIT for Diploma student? Is there any entrance exam required?

No, it is not possible to get admission in 2nd year of B.Tech course in IIT after completion of your three years Diploma course in Electronics and Communication Engineering. Only candidates who have completed 12th standard with Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry subjects from any recognised board and those who have appeared, qualified and secured good rank in JEE Main and Advance examination are eligible to get admission in IIT. Since, you have not pursued 12th standard, being a Diploma holder, you are not eligible to get admission in 2nd year of B.Tech course in IIT.
16th December 2015, 12:23 AM
ArunavaBasu
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Eligibility to get admission in 2nd year of B.Tech in IIT for Diploma student? Is there any entrance exam required?

I am sorry to tell you this but you are not eligible for admission to the course of B.Tech in IIT.
IIT's do not have any Lateral Entry Program so students who have pursued the course of Diploma after the completion of Class 10 instead of Class 12 are not eligible for the course of B.Tech in IIT.
You are eligible to pursue the course of B.Tech in the Colleges where there is Lateral Entry Program.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?