7th December 2015, 04:25 PM
Unregistered

Can I take Commerce without Maths to become an IPS Officer? How much percentage is required in 12th and B.Com?

Can I take commerce without maths and with physical for becoming ips officer? How much percentage is required in class 12 and in B.com. What is the whole procedure for becoming an ips officer?

7th December 2015, 07:22 PM
Prince8645
Senior Member+

Default Re: Can I take Commerce without Maths to become an IPS Officer? How much percentage is required in 12th and B.Com?

IPS stands for Indian Police Services. The least academic qualification required for becoming Indian Police Service Officer is bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognized university.

The subjects selection at 10+2 level has nothing to do with Civil Services examination. You can take commerce without mathematics in 10+2. Any candidate having passing percentage of marks in bachelor's degree can apply for Civil Services Examination. But it is advisable to work hard and score good percentage of marks for your good academic records.

Procedure to become IPS officer:

1. You must be a graduate and minimum age is 21 years for candidates of all category.

2. Second thing is that when notifications for Civil Services examination is out, generally in May, you need to apply for exam at official website of UPSC.

3. You must clear all three stages, Preliminary, Mains and Interview to become IPS officer.
7th December 2015, 09:45 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I take Commerce without Maths to become an IPS Officer? How much percentage is required in 12th and B.Com?

I.P.S stands for Indian Police Service and to become an I.P.S Officer you need to qualify in Civil Service examination.

Civil Service examination is conducted by UPSC every year. Yes, you are eligible to appear for examination. To appear for examination required eligibility is :-

* Candidate must have passed graduation from a recognised university.
* Candidate's age must be between 21-32 years with relaxation in age for reserved category.

There is no limitation on aggregate of graduation to appear for examination as candidate with passing percentage are eligible to appear for examination. The candidates have to qualify in all stages of examination for final selection in service.

For more information about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
7th December 2015, 10:58 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Yes definitely you can choose Commerce without Maths for your higher secondary studies as for becoming a IPS officer you have the liberty of having any stream in your academics there is no requirement of a particular stream.

--> As far as you are concerned about the procedure of becoming an IPS officer then it is mentioned below in brief.

IPS stands for Indian Police Service and to be an IPS officer which is one of the highest administrative post one has to clear Civil Services Examination which is held by Union Public Service Commission once every year.

--> For appearing in the same examination you must have the qualifications mentioned here under :-

* You must have the nationality of India with your age lying within 21 years to 32 years if you belong to general category. Otherwise there is provision of age relaxation for reserved category candidates as per the government norms.

* You must have either completed or must be in the final year of your graduation degree course with any discipline of your choice from a recognized university.

--> Also the examination is organised in three stages which includes Written examination, Mains and Personal Interview respectively.

For more detailed information concerning with the same examination, you must log on to the link www.upsc.gov.in.
8th December 2015, 12:10 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Can I take commerce without maths and with physical for becoming ips officer? How much percentage is required in class 12 and in B.com. What is the whole procedure for becoming an ips officer?
Yes, you can apply for IPS officer exam. This exam doesn't require any percentage marks in graduation degree.

IPS stands for Indian Police Service. IPS exam is conducted by UPSC through civil service exam.

Those candidates who have completed graduation in any discipline from a recognized university are eligible for IPS exam.

Your age should be in between 21 years to 30 years for general candidates. Age relaxation is given below -

5 years relaxation for SC/ST candidates
3 years relaxation for OBC Candidates
10 years relaxation for PHC candidates
5 years relaxation for Ex-serviceman

Physical fitness criteria for IPS exam:-

Eye Sight

For Worse Eye :6/12 or 6/9 distant vision
For good Eye :6/6 or 6/9 distant vision

Height

For Men : 165 cm(AROUND)
For Women :150 cm(AROUND)

OBC /SC/ST :

Male:160 cm and female :145 cm

Chest

Male candidates-84 (+ 5cm).

Female candidates-79cm(+ 5cm).
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?