7th December 2015, 08:54 PM
Unregistered

Should I migrate to another Board to study in Medical college of Gujarat being an ICSE student?

Dear Sir,
My Daughter is in 8th Standard in ICSE Board. I want to get admission in Medical college of Gujarat. Should I change the Board or continue with ICSE?Please guide me.

Related Questions:
  1. Would I be considered under the 75% state(Gujarat) reservation quota for taking admission in Gujarat engineering colleges? I have done 10th(ICSE board) and 12th(CBSE board) from Gujarat. I have domicile of Gujarat -- [Most Discussed]
  2. Should i change my board from ICSE to Gujarat board for medical?
  3. Number of seats reserved in Medical for CBSE Board, ICSE Board and Gujarat Board under NEET? Process of percentage calculation in Gujarat state board for NEET?
  4. What process I am suppose to undergo for admission in Medical at Gujarat?
  5. Admission procedure to study in Maharashtra for 10th ICSE student of Gujarat?
  6. Is it beneficial to study 11th in GSEB Board to migrate from Gujarat also for 10th GSEB student?
  7. Which board is better between CBSE and Gujarat board for admission in medical college
  8. Is ICSE board consider to be easier than CBSE board?
  9. How to migrate from AHSEC to CBSE Board?
  10. Can I get admission in engineering college at Gujarat if studying 12th from CBSE Board?
  11. Is it beneficial to transfer from ICSE Board to Gujarat State Board for H.S. education?
  12. Am I eligible to get admission for B.Tech in Gujarat under 75% reserved seat?
  13. Number of seats available in ICSE at Gujarat after 12th? Which board is better?
  14. Aligarh Muslim University is an ICSE Board affiliated college?
  15. From which Board I should study 12th to purse Medical if completed 10th from ICSE Board? Do I have to appear in NEET-UG?
  16. Admission in general quota within Gujarat or in private medical college of Gujarat?
  17. Procedure to transfer from ICSE Board to Gujarat State Board for 11th standard?
  18. Is it compulsory to study Hindi in ICSE Board?
8th December 2015, 11:06 AM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Should I migrate to another Board to study in Medical college of Gujarat being an ICSE student?

Let me tell you that there is not any problem to continue in the same board.

Or you can also do like this change your daughter's school in ninth having CBSE board as now a days many of the competitive exams are based the syllabus of CBSE board because these Entrances are conducted by CBSE itself.
8th December 2015, 06:09 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Should I migrate to another Board to study in Medical college of Gujarat being an ICSE student?

Any board candidate can apply for medical entrance exam in Gujarat. Therefore, no need to worry about it and your daughter can continue with the same board. The only thing that will matter is domicile status for a state government medical college.

For central government medical college in Gujarat domicile of Gujarat is not needed and you just need to be an Indian citizen.
9th December 2015, 08:57 PM
rituja mukherjee

If you wish to get your daughter into Gujrat Medical College, then my first advice is to take overall care of all subjects especially Science Group. Be it ICSE or CBSE or any other board, your daughter would have to take Medical Entrance Exams that is Medical Joint after class 12. Changing the board is not at all necessary at this point of time. If she wants to shed some extra burden of ICSE English paper in class 11-12, then she can switch over to CBSE board. Rest the burden of the major science subjects will just be the same.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?