7th December 2015, 10:50 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to appear in NET having a gap of 7 years between Graduation and Post Graduation?

Dear Sir,
My name is Sachin Kabariwala. I did my graduation around 8 years ago. Due to some family problem, I have 7 years gaps in my Graduation. I am just doing my Post Graduation. It will be completed in coming year. My age will be 32 years in coming year. So I just want to ask you that will I be eligible for NET after a huge gap in Graduation?

Related Questions:
  1. Year Gap Between Graduation and Post Graduation affecting Placements -- [Most Discussed]
  2. Am I eligible to do PhD if having lot of gap between Graduation and Post Graduation?
  3. Can I do graduation after 2 year gap completing 12th?
  4. Am I eligible to do graduation course after 6 years gap after completion of 12th in commerce stream?
  5. Can I appear for NET after pursuing graduation from Open and post graduation from regular college?
  6. Is it possible to complete the graduation course which I started 18 years back?
  7. Am I eligible for NET Exam after completing intermediate with 50% and graduation from distance with 65%?
  8. Am I eligible to apply for HAL test if I have gap in my studies?
  9. Can I do graduation in one year if I have gap of two years after 12th?
  10. Is it possible for me to complete my Graduation from Delhi University if I have 1 year gap?
  11. Can I do MA post graduation course after a long gap at the age of 38 years?
  12. Is it possible for me to complete my BA graduation after 5 years of gap?
  13. List of IT companies which can take students with 2 years of gap between intermediate and graduation?
  14. Am I eligible for PCS having gaps in my graduation?
  15. Am I eligible to study Post Graduation in Economics being a B.Com graduate?
  16. Admission in college for completing graduation in regular basis with a gap? Number of gap years allowed between 12th and graduation on regular? Procedure of applying Gap certificate?
  17. Can I do post graduation course after 20+ years of gap?
  18. Am I eligible to do graduation if I have a gap of 20 years?
20th January 2016, 09:36 AM
bhushankumar398
Senior Member++

Default Re: Am I eligible to appear in NET having a gap of 7 years between Graduation and Post Graduation?

You want to know about the eligibility for NET exam. You have 7 years gap in your graduation degree. There is not any issue regarding the year gap. If you fulfill the eligibility criteria then you are eligible for the exam.

>>You are doing post graduation course so there is no any doubt regarding the educational qualification. The main issue is regarding the age limit.

>>For Assistant Professor: There is no upper age limit for applying for eligibility for Assistant Professor.

>>For Junior Research Fellowship (JRF): Not more than 28 years. Relaxation in maximum age limit will be given to reserved category students SC/ST/OBC/PwD. Total age relaxation shall not exceed to 5 years in any circumstances.

>>So if you belong to any reserved category then you will be eligible for JRF otherwise you are eligible for only Assistant Professor. In my opinion you have to start your preparation and can fill the application form whose notification will be published in the month of April this year. You can go through the detailed advertisement in the official website of UGC NET.

16th December 2020, 02:53 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Am I eligible to appear in NET having a gap of 7 years between Graduation and Post Graduation?

sir i got year back in my graduation.. am I eligible to appear for net exam??
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?