8th December 2015, 07:48 PM
Unregistered

Does Autonomous Institue require AICTE approval?

Hello everyone,

I have been called for test and interview at Aegis school of Telecommunication for 1 year Master's Program in Telecom Management (MPTM). This school is in Navi Mumbai but is conducting this program in collaboration with CETTM, MTNL in Mumbai (Powai).

The school claims to be an autonomous Institute and claims it programs are globally accepted and recognized. The syllabus is impressive and the school claims 100% placement record since the initiation of the program with many reputed companies. Is it mandatory to have AICTE approval for this course, it is listed under unapproved institutions in AICTE. Also is it worth leaving my Software Engineer job at a MNC and joining this program, spending about 5 lakhs, for a course I am not sure of?

Related Questions:
  1. Does MBA require AICTE approval? Does SMU has AICTE approval for MBA(HRM) course?
  2. Is it possible to see the approval letter from AICTE which they are referring at their site? Does ICE need AICTE approval every year?
  3. Does MBA require AICTE approval? Is SMU AICTE approved for MBA course?
  4. Difference between ME and M.Tech.?
  5. Do reputed government universities like Punjabi university Patiala and Guru Nanak Dev University Amritsar require AICTE approval for Technical Courses?
  6. Is it true that private universities dont require AICTE approval for technical courses?
  7. Does private university require AICTE approval for Technical courses? -- [Most Discussed]
  8. Does private university require AICTE approval for Technical Ph.D courses? Is Ph.D offered by CMJ university valid
  9. Is there any AICTE approval for St Peter University Chennai and Karnataka State Open University?
  10. Is AICTE approval necessary for educational loan?
  11. Does private university require AICTE approval for Technical Ph.D. courses?
  12. Which are the good universities with AICTE or UGC approval? I am in Mechanical Engineering
  13. Do government universities like Punjabi University, Patiala and Guru Nanak Dev University, Amritsar require AICTE approval for technical courses?
  14. Can I appear for NIPMER PhD entrance exam if done M.Pharmacy from university which has no AICTE and PCI approval?
  15. Should I go for IIAEIT Pune college for Aeronautical Engineering? Information about its placements?
  16. Is Mangalayatan university approved by PCI?
  17. Does IBS Hyderabad has approval of AICTE?
  18. Is the MPSTME Mumbai Campus for MBCA Tech under AICTE approval?
9th December 2015, 08:28 AM
Prashantwin
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Does Autonomous Institue require AICTE approval?

Yes, autonomous institutes also requires AICTE approval.
It is not worth of leaving your Software Engineer job and join the program which is even not approved by AICTE. If you want to do Master's Program in Telecom Management (MPTM), just do it from any recognised university or institute.
As Aegis school of Telecommunication is not approved by AICTE, then the course completed from this institute is of no value.
9th December 2015, 10:32 AM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Aegis school of telecommunication is the first institute that start executive Telecom Managment, cloud Computing, MBA on tablet etc.

It is among top three telecom management schools in India and is approved.

Admissions are based on marks obtained in GMAT, GRE, XAT,CAT,CMAT, GATE etc.

Phone no. 022 25702815
9th December 2015, 12:44 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

You can check the AICTE approved institutes list from their official website. If it is there in the list then do not worry about anything. Any institute which conducts a technical course will need affiliation from AICTE.

If the course is non-technical then merely UGC approval is enough to conduct the course in India. You can check the list at http://www.aicte-india.org
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?