11th December 2015, 05:02 PM
Unregistered

What is the rule of best 5 subjects in CBSE Board?

Sir,
I am studying in B.Tech. I have passed in 12th Board through CBSE. Now, I want to know that what is best five rules in CBSE Board? Because I need best five subjects marks to get 60% marks.

Related Questions:
  1. Is there any provision for re-appearing for CBSE board in all the subjects?
  2. Is there option for Board exams in CBSE or it has been removed?
  3. Which all subjects I can choose in CBSE 12th?
  4. Is it compulsory to change school after giving the CBSE board exam?
  5. Is CBSE Board beneficial for getting admission in B.Tech? How subjects of CBSE Board is different from ICSE Board for 11th and 12th? Is engineering difficult for ICSE students?
  6. Do we need to change schools after giving the school board exams?
  7. Which board is better between CBSE and Gujarat board for admission in medical college
  8. Is it necessary to change school board for doing 11th and 12th after giving the 10th exam?
  9. Is CBSE syllabus is difficult than any state board?
  10. Process to change board in class 10th from CBSE to State Board?
  11. Which is better for 11th standard CBSE board or Karnataka state board?
  12. If I give CBSE CCE instead of CBSE Board exams I cannot move to ISC board in 11th?
  13. Am I eligible to change school from CBSE to other board after completion of 1st standard?
  14. Which one to choose between state board and CBSE board? Do companies give importance to CBSE board students during selections? -- [Most Discussed]
  15. How to opt for Mathematics and Biological Sciences at Intermediate level?
  16. What is the value of doing in state and CBSE board? Which would be better to join IIT in future?
  17. Is it mandatory for the student to change school while appearing for the board exams?
  18. Compulsory and optional subjects enlisted in Science of CBSE Board Higher Secondary Education?
14th December 2015, 04:46 PM
rituja mukherjee

Default Re: What is the rule of best 5 subjects in CBSE Board?

The best of 5 option means sum total of 5 subjects among all the papers that you have appeared in the exam. First language English, 2nd language, and 4 other optional electives, and newly added Environmental education are the papers that constitute the final examination. Based on the marks you have obtained in these papers, you have to choose those 5 subjects in which you have obtained the maximum marks, and that will be considered as your Best of 5 subjects.
12th September 2017, 11:04 AM
Unregistered

Best 5 subject for calculation of percentage for 22th CBSE board circular required
13th September 2017, 05:12 AM
cataleya11

The rule of best of 5 subjects in CBSE board is to make average of any 5 subjects in which you have scored highest in your final exam. It is compulsory to take English as one of the 5 subjects and any other 4 highest scoring subjects to calculate the best of five in CBSE. Environmental Educational cannot be one of the 5 best subjects.
17th February 2018, 01:27 AM
Unregistered

Is the best of 5 rule of cbse available in 2018 exam of AISSCE Exm?
& Which best 5 subjects are taken into consideration.
17th February 2018, 11:02 AM
Unregistered

If the marks of computer are not added in our 10th class CBSE marksheet then we are left with only 5 subjects, how will then the policy of best 5 subjects work if the marks of all 5 subjects are added in our marksheet?
19th February 2018, 01:03 AM
Strontium

Thumbs up Re: What is the rule of best 5 subjects in CBSE Board?

It means total marks of five subjects that you have scored best in , will be taken into consideration while calculating your final overall percentage which will be represented on your report card/LC.(graded subjects are not considered) . Scoring in such cases is easier...you can surely do it better than you might think.
7th March 2018, 11:25 AM
Unregistered

If i have 5 main subjects and computer as optional. If i get better marks in computer than sst so will comp. Be taken to calculate percentage??
30th May 2018, 10:29 AM
Unregistered

I got 56 Marks in social and I got 86 mark in music can I add marks of music in percentage by the rules of top five in cbse class 10
4th June 2018, 08:27 PM
Unregistered

Which main subject has to calculate while to find out percent in tenth cbse
16th June 2018, 01:50 PM
Unregistered

In CBSE board examination of 2017-18 best 5 subjects marks are counted or not.
2nd May 2019, 11:46 PM
Unregistered

I have six subject i got 95 in maths 90 in physics 91 in english 100 in music 70 in chemistry but i have additional subject physical in which i scored 90 so which five subject will be taken for percentage
6th May 2019, 08:57 PM
Unregistered

If I get less marks in English and hindi then other 4 subjects which best five are calculated
7th May 2019, 08:25 AM
Unregistered

In main subject i have got 72 and in computer i have got 93 . Did the marks of It will replace my 72 marks..which i have got lower then my other subject according to CBSE class 10 2019?
8th May 2019, 06:04 PM
Unregistered

I have scored 70 in Science and 94 in Foundation of Information Technology. Can I consider Foundation of Information Technology as one of the best 5 subjects??
10th May 2019, 11:01 PM
Himaniii
Senior Member+

The CBSE Best 5 rule applies both to Standard X (AISSE), while the best 4 rule applies to Standard XII (AISSCE) examinations. i.e. (80+90+70+90+80) ÷ 5 = 82 %. Therefore your aggregate does not take Math into account since this is the subject where the candidate has scored the lowest.
22nd June 2019, 12:58 AM
Unregistered

Sir, I have 12th with pcm in 6 subject i want to get admission i UG in Maths honours can i eliminate chemistry (low marks) for calculating aggregate percentage
Please answer quick and now
23rd June 2019, 05:35 PM
Unregistered

What is the rule of best 5 subjects in cbse board 2019 ? Can we calculate the percentage of our best 5 subjects ????
23rd July 2019, 12:34 AM
Unregistered

Can IT be considered in best 5 subjects for class 10
1st November 2019, 11:33 AM
Unregistered

I want a letter guidelines for cbse best five rule
13th November 2019, 12:57 PM
Quiz Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have six subject i got 95 in maths 90 in physics 91 in english 100 in music 70 in chemistry but i have additional subject physical in which i scored 90 so which five subject will be taken for percentage
If you are going for Engineering courses then you should choose Maths, Physics,Chemistry,English and Music. But if you are going to pursue other courses then you should choose Maths Physics English Music and Physical as the best 5 subjects.
24th February 2020, 06:36 PM
Unregistered

If i fail in one subject but I got passing marks in 5 other subjects what will happen? I have to give compertamental or not
3rd March 2020, 07:50 PM
Unregistered

If i have 5 main subjects and computer as optional. If i get better marks in computer than sst so will comp. Be taken to calculate
16th July 2020, 08:43 AM
Unregistered

Sir I am having 6 subject in class tenth board. And now I want to calculate marks then I have too best 5 or 6.
Which is complasarymaths or science
17th July 2020, 10:26 AM
Unregistered

what about 2020 ... because i have just pass 10th class and the result is came on 15th July but i got less marks in science and in additional subject i got 89 so, can i add additional subject marks in place of mathematics . ....???
19th July 2020, 06:07 PM
Unregistered

I have morearks in Hindi and Sanskrit than English so which two marks will be added
20th July 2020, 11:09 PM
Unregistered

Sir I have appeared 12 board cbse this yr. And I have scored less mark in my 5th optional as compared to 6th optional. Does my marks of 6th optional will be replaced by 5th optional or not. Please make me sure about it.
18th August 2020, 07:26 PM
Unregistered

is there any circular issued related to the rule of best 5 subjects
23rd August 2020, 12:00 AM
sachariah
Senior Member+++

Unhappy Re: What is the rule of best 5 subjects in CBSE Board?

The rule of best of 5 subjects in CBSE board is to make average of any 5 subjects in which you have scored highest in your final exam. It is compulsory to take English as one of the 5 subjects and any other 4 highest scoring subjects to calculate the best of five in CBSE

Following subjects are included in five.

Hindi
Arts(History & Geography)
Science (Phy Chem Bio)
Computer-
Maths
4th July 2021, 12:12 PM
Unregistered

I want official letter for class 12th best five rule . Please send to me [email protected]
30th January 2022, 07:31 PM
Unregistered

I have six subject additional is yoga then my physices lowermarks but yoga has higher mark myphysices is replace by yoga marks according to best five rule
13th May 2023, 12:11 PM
naman_singh

Quote:
Originally Posted by cataleya11 View Post
The rule of best of 5 subjects in CBSE board is to make average of any 5 subjects in which you have scored highest in your final exam. It is compulsory to take English as one of the 5 subjects and any other 4 highest scoring subjects to calculate the best of five in CBSE. Environmental Educational cannot be one of the 5 best subjects.
my 2nd language was sanskrit.. i scored 81 which is lowest of all subject.. can computer replace my marks with sanskrit in which i scored 90?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?