11th December 2015, 04:17 PM
Unregistered

Can I apply to study B.Sc(Computer Science) being a Maths and Biology student?

Respected Sir/Madam,
I have taken Maths and Biology in 12th standard. But I want to study Computer Science in B.Sc. I want to know that I can apply for Computer Science? Waiting for your reply.

Related Questions:
  1. Can a biology student study BSc Computer Science? Where can I study in India? What is the requirement?
  2. Which stream should I take between Science and Commerce if I am average student with weaker skills in Maths and Biology?
  3. Can I apply for B.Tech without Maths in 12th? Job oriented courses after 12th Biology?
  4. Biology with maths or Computer science with Maths: better option after 10th with good skills in Maths?
  5. Can I apply for B.Tech after passing 12th without Maths? Job oriented courses after 12th science except medical? -- [Most Discussed]
  6. Mathematics will become optional if score less marks than Biology in 12th Science WBCHSE Board exam?
  7. How to study for MBBS? I am a 12th Maths Biology student
  8. Can I study MCA after completing BCA if studied Biology in 12th?
  9. Steps to be taken to become a chartered accountant?
  10. Admission in Biotechnology after Diploma in Computer?
  11. What is the scope in Biology? I am a 11th science student
  12. Career options after pursuing both Biology and Maths?
  13. Which are the courses in Biology? I am a class 12th student
  14. How to apply for UG course after completing 12th with Maths and Biology with 90% marks? How to apply for it?
  15. If I am good in Biology, bad in Physical Science and uninterested in Maths then which stream to choose in 11th?
  16. Subjects combination in Higher Secondary for a candidate who want to study Biology?
  17. Can I become an IITian after scoring 80% marks in science and maths in 10th?
  18. DASA scheme eligibility with Maths as non-credit subject? What are compulsory and options subjects in DASA scheme?
14th December 2015, 05:21 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I apply to study B.Sc(Computer Science) being a Maths and Biology student?

Yes, you are eligible for B.Sc in Computer science or BCA admission in India. Maths in class 12th is the required subject for becoming eligible for this course. Hence, you are definitely eligible for it.

Admission in most of the colleges will be based on the performance in the written exam which is conducted by the concerned universities.
14th December 2015, 10:37 PM
jxsab
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I apply to study B.Sc(Computer Science) being a Maths and Biology student?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Respected Sir/Madam,
I have taken Maths and Biology in 12th standard. But I want to study Computer Science in B.Sc. I want to know that I can apply for Computer Science? Waiting for your reply.
B.sc Computer science is a undergraduate arts course which is of 3 years and consists of 6 semesters. This is a arts course and to do this course the eligibility needed is, candidate should have completed +2 from a recognized school board of education with Physics, English and Mathematics as subject.

Having taken maths and biology as subjects you can apply for B.sc computer science. To join in this course you need to apply for the respected college which you wish and get the application forms. The top colleges which you can prefer for pursuing this course in India are:

# St Stephen's College, New Delhi
# Loyola College, Chennai
# Christ University, Bangalore
# Madras Christian College, Chennai
# The Oxford College of Science, Bangalore
# Stella Maris College, Chennai
# Ramjas College, New Delhi
# Fergusson College, Pune
# Hansraj College, New Delhi
# Mount Carmel College, Bangalore
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?