23rd December 2015, 07:17 PM
Unregistered

Is BCA from IGNOU valuable in terms of government jobs?

I am a 12th passed student. I want to pursue bca from IGNOU, a lot of people told me that BCA from ignou is not valuable and not worthy. I am willing to get a government job after this. So tell me if it is valuable or not?

23rd December 2015, 10:28 PM
palugulavenumadhav
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is BCA from IGNOU valuable in terms of government jobs?

Indira Gandhi National open university (IGNOU) is valid and recognized university in India.

The courses offered by IGNOU are valid and recognized by AICTE. The University gained recognition from University grants commission (UGC).

The BCA degree obtained from IGNOU is valid and recognized and at par with the other universities.

As IGNOU is valid and recognized university, the degree obtained is acceptable for government jobs.
24th December 2015, 09:23 AM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am a 12th passed student. I want to pursue bca from IGNOU, a lot of people told me that BCA from ignou is not valuable and not worthy. I am willing to get a government job after this. So tell me if it is valuable or not?
Nothing like that you can do BCA through IGNOU in order to get a Government job. You are eligible to apply for the all Government jobs, whether it is state and central government job. Since, most of the reputed private companies prefer only those candidates who completed Graduation from a regular modem. If you want to increase your Computer knowledge, knowledge then it is the right choice to pursue for BCA through IGNOU university. Otherwise, please try to get admission in reputed companies like BITS, Loyola college, etc. Anyways, please take care while selecting the Institution.
24th December 2015, 02:56 PM
Prince8645
Senior Member+

Yes, the degree from IGNOU will be valid to get recruitment in any government jobs. IGNOU is recognised with UGC and runs by Central Government.

Since, to get government jobs other than qualifying in entrance examination is candidate must have passed graduation from recognised university.

So, you are eligible to get job. It is just a rumor that you will be not eligible to get jobs after pursuing course from IGNOU.

For detail information about IGNOU visit at http://www.ignou.ac.in.
24th December 2015, 03:47 PM
Prashantwin
Senior Member+++++

Yes, BCA degree from IGNOU is recognised for government jobs. IGNOU university is recognised by HRD ministry of Indian government. Candidate who have pursued any degree from IGNOU is eligible to apply for government jobs.
Value of degree from IGNOU is as same as degree from any other recognised university.
24th December 2015, 05:26 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

IGNOU is a recognized university which is affiliated to distance education council of India. Degree from the said university is definitely valid for any government job in India. There is no way you will be denied a job on account of being obtained from IGNOU.

Therefore, just try to be prepared for the government job exams because selection will be based on merit. Your degree will be valid if it is from IGNOU.
24th December 2015, 06:23 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

BCA stands for Bachelor of Computer Administration and it is of three year duration.

There is all rumor that IGNOU certificate has no value as there is nothing like that is true. IGNOU is a recognised open university of India which offer distance course for students.

The certificate is valid in almost all the government jobs examination. So, you can pursue BCA course from it, if you have completed 10+2.

For more information about admission procedure visit at www.ignou.ac.in.
24th December 2015, 06:57 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
If you have completed BCA degree from IGNOU then you are eligible for government sector exam. Because IGNOU degree is approved by UGC.

Because IGNOU is approved by UGC.

I have attached a document so please check it out.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Final_list_for_website_2014-15.pdf(494.1 KB, 174 views)
24th December 2015, 11:56 PM
Jits56
Senior Member++++

Quote:
Yes BCA degree holder from IGNOU is eligible for government jobs. The IGNOU is a recognized by UGC. But you can study your graduation if possible in regular college. It will be useful to you in future if you want to join a job in private sector companies. Because many of the MNCs recruit candidate studied through regular mode.
25th December 2015, 01:41 AM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

Yes, BCA from IGNOU is very much valuable for government jobs, you can opt for various government jobs even after having completed your BCA from IGNOU, there is absolutely no harm in it. IGNOU is a recognized Open University, therefor you need not worry and just carry on with your studies.
6th February 2020, 03:45 PM
Unregistered

Please tell me how to private in BCA leet admission
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?