25th December 2015, 03:48 PM
Unregistered

Scope of studying B.Sc(Ophthalmology)? Difference among Optometry and Ophthalmology?

Sir,
What is the scope of B.Sc(Ophthalmology)? Can you tell me the difference between Optometry and Ophthalmology for study in B.Sc course?

1st January 2016, 07:30 PM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Scope of studying B.Sc(Ophthalmology)? Difference among Optometry and Ophthalmology?

Below is mentioned the career opportunities after completion of B.Sc(Opthalmology) course, kindly have a look at it;

You can get jobs both is private as well as public sector such as;

> Health centers.

> Departments of primary health.

> NGOs, etc.

Students can also apply for Combined Medical Services entrance examination under UPSC.

Those who have interest in a career in the defense services can join Air Force, Army or Navy as an Ophthalmologist.

Here, I have mentioned some of the key difference between Ophthalmology and Optometry:

Both of the courses deal with the treatment of visual disorders. Ophthalmology deals with basically the treatment of eye diseases and Optometrist however deals with carrying out analysis and injuries eye might have.
20th April 2020, 07:30 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Scope of studying B.Sc(Ophthalmology)? Difference among Optometry and Ophthalmology?

After completing B.sc ophthalmology we can get doctor certificate ? And the fees for Opthalmology in chennai
8th December 2021, 05:14 PM
Unregistered

Can a doctor competing MS Ophthalmology after BAMS can perform surgeries like cataract surgery, glaucoma surgery, lasik surgery
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?