31st December 2015, 12:48 PM
Unregistered

M.Phil in English with 54.9% marks in MA English?

I want to do mphil in English. I have seured 54.9% marks in MA ENGLISH and want to pursue mphil in english from a UGC APPROVED college/university in delhi or near by cities.please advise.thanku

5th January 2016, 04:59 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: M.Phil in English with 54.9% marks in MA English?

You can apply for M.Phil admission in Delhi surely but selection will be based on the cut off marks and academic record. The minimum marks in M.A for M.Phil admission is 50% in most of the top universities.

Therefore, you can apply for admission in universities like JNU, DU, Jamia Millia, etc. but selection will be tough because there is a lot of competition.
5th January 2016, 10:06 PM
palugulavenumadhav
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to study M.Phil in English as you're marks will be rounded of to 55% marks in MA English.

The eligibility to Pursue M.Phil in English is the candidate should secure a minimum of 55% marks in the MA (English) examination or equivalent examination from any other university.

For admission, the candidates should take a Written exam and Personal Interview.
5th January 2016, 11:27 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I want to do mphil in English. I have seured 54.9% marks in MA ENGLISH and want to pursue mphil in english from a UGC APPROVED college/university in delhi or near by cities.please advise.thanku
You have completed M.A in English with 54.9% so you are not eligible for M.Phil in English.

Those candidates who have completed masters degree with above 50% from a recognized university are eligible for M.Phil course.

There is no age criteria.
6th January 2016, 11:55 PM
ShreeRocks
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
The eligibility to study M.Phil in English is a pass with 55% of marks in M.A English. There will be a written test and interview for the admission.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?