11th January 2016, 10:27 PM
Unregistered

Which graduation course I need to do choose to become a IPS Officer in the future?

I have passed 12th class with 70 percent & jee mains with 53 marks . I want to become ips so which graduation course should I choose . Can someone please help me to understand it? It will be really helpful if you can answer me on this soon.

Thank you!

11th January 2016, 11:53 PM
Prince8645
Senior Member+

Default Re: Which graduation course I need to do choose to become a IPS Officer in the future?

You are eligible to select any course in graduation to appear for Civil Services examination.

To appear for Civil Services examination the eligibility criteria is :-

Candidate must have passed graduation from any recognised university.

Candidate's age must be between 21-32 years.

There is no limitation on aggregate and discipline of graduation to appear for Civil Services examination. But, you have to qualify in all stages of examination for recruitment as I.P.S Officer.

For more information about examination visit at http://www.upsc.gov.in
12th January 2016, 12:52 AM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which graduation course I need to do choose to become a IPS Officer in the future?

Any graduation course from a recognized University, the minimum educational eligibility in order to become an IPS officer is that a candidate should have completed his/her graduation in any stream but from a recognized University. Therefore, just make sure that your University is recognized and you can appear for IPS examination.
12th January 2016, 07:09 AM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

IPS stands for Indian Police Services. Civil Services examination is entrance exam conducted by Union Public Service Commission every year to recruit candidates into different services like IPS, IRS, IFS, IAS etc.

Any graduate from any discipline can apply for this exam. Final year candidates of bachelor's degree can also apply for exam. The minimum age limit for exam is 21 years.

So, you can choose any discipline in bachelor's degree depending upon your interest in that stream. There is no such specific course mentioned by UPSC. Depending upon which subject you would like to take as optional in mains exam of UPSC, you can select that stream so that it can assist you better.

If you are good at science subjects then take science stream subjects or else take arts subjects like Political science, Sociology, Anthropology etc.
12th January 2016, 09:10 AM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have passed 12th class with 70 percent & jee mains with 53 marks . I want to become ips so which graduation course should I choose . Can someone please help me to understand it? It will be really helpful if you can answer me on this soon.

Thank you!
You can choose any Graduation as your wish. here is no issue in whichever specialization you choose in your academic career, if you complete Graduation without any pending backlog, you will be eligible to write civil service examination for Indian Police Service. Having done Graduation either Engineering or medicine will not affect your preparation for the Civil Service Examination. Please, go through your previous year question and practice well to crack the exam with good marks.

To become an IPS (Indian Police Service) Officer, you must qualify Civil Service Examination conducted by Union Public Service Commission.

- The applicant must have completed their Graduation in any discipline from a recognized university.
- The applicant must be within the age limit of 21-32 years and Upper age relaxation will be given to the reserved category applicants.

- Five years relaxation for SC/ST candidates
- Three years relaxation for OBC candidates

Official website - www.upsc.gov.in/
12th January 2016, 09:25 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:

Thank you!
From my point of view you can choose B.A in History or B.A in English to become an IPS officer. Because this two specialization are scoring and easy to understand.

If you have completed graduation in any discipline from a recognized university then you are eligible for IPS exam.

Age criteria:

General Category: 32 years
SC/ST Category: 37 years
OBC Category: 35 years
PWD Category: 42 years

Number of Attempts:- It is different for different categories.

General Candidates: 6 attempts
OBC Candidates: 9 attempts
SC/ST Candidates: Unlimited

Selection process for IPS exam:

1)Preliminary test
2)Mains exam
3)Personal interview
12th January 2016, 12:00 PM
Solution1
Junior Member+

Good Career Choice !!!

No need to worry about your graduation. You can purse any degree course as your desire. There is no restrictions on IAS. Any graduate candidate can apply for this examination. The candidate age should be between 21-32 years.
12th January 2016, 04:02 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

According to eligibility criteria of the IPS exam all you need is a degree in any stream from a recognized university. If you have a degree then no problem at all for you.

Therefore, your subject in graduation will have little effect on eligibility criteria. Selection will be based on the performance in the written exam interview, so be prepared for it.
12th January 2016, 07:32 PM
bhushankumar398
Senior Member++

Union Public Service Commission conducts the exam for the IPS officer exam every year. You want to become IPS officer in future and want to know about the graduation course to be opted for this.

**For getting eligible for the exam, you can do graduation from any discipline such as B.Sc physics, B.Sc Mathematics etc. But in my opinion, you have to choose graduation discipline which helps you in preparation too such as:

--B.A honors in History

--B.A honors in Geography

--B.A honors in Political Science

**If you do graduation in the above discipline then it helps you in the Preliminary exam. And you can take as a subject in the Mains exam too.
12th January 2016, 09:59 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

There is no need to opt any particular course in Graduation even if you are interested to become an IPS officer. To become an IPS officer, you must have to appear in IPS examination which is conducted by UPSC twice a year. Candidates who have completed Graduation in any stream from a recognised university are eligible to apply for IPS examination. So, you can opt any course in Graduation in which you are interested and after completion of Graduation course, you are eligible to apply for IPS examination.
12th January 2016, 11:17 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

I.P.S stands for Indian Police Service and recruitment as I.P.S Officer is after qualifying in Civil Services examination.

Civil Services examination is conducted by UPSC and to appear for examination the eligibility is candidate must have passed graduation from any recognised university.

So, you need to complete your graduation degree to appear for examination. For more information about examination detail visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
12th January 2016, 11:46 PM
Bestanswerer
Banned

Quote:

Thank you!
The aspirant can choose any subject in graduation there is no restriction. The eligibility to become an IPS Officer is a graduation in any stream from a recognized university. The IPS examinations are conducted by the UPSC, the exams will be held every year. The upper age limit is 32 years for general candidate, for OBC 35 years and for SC/ST 37 years. The aspirant has to appear for Preliminary Exams first, you have to clear that to appear for Mains and then for an Interview. The UPSC website is http://www.upsc.gov.in/
14th January 2016, 01:24 PM
GraphicDesiner

Quote:

Thank you!
You scored good marks in your 10+2, I want to tell you that To become IPS officer you must be graduated in any discipline from recognized university.
More over marks also doesn't matter, only you need to be graduated in any discipline Or you could also apply for the exam when you will be in the final year of your graduation.

You should prepare for the IPS exam from the first year of your graduation.

To become IPS officer Your age must be between 21 to 30 years.

All the best.
15th January 2016, 05:20 PM
Gobinda Sen

Quote:

Thank you!
After Graduation,you are eligible for IPS exam.

IPS exam conduct by UPSC every year.

Eligibility criteria for IPS :

Candidate must have passed graduation with 55% marks (for any subject)from any recognized university.

Age is between 21 to 32 years.

ST/SC gets 5 years age relaxation.

OBC gets 3 years age relaxation.

Candidate must be a citizen of India.

Candidate must be physically and mentally fit.

No of Attempts :

4 times for General candidate.

7 times for OBC candidate.

No limit for ST/SC.

Selection Process :

Preliminary test

Main exam

Personal Interview

Syllabus :

Paper I :General Studies
Paper II : Language Exam
Paper III :General English
Paper IV :Essay
Paper V,VI,VII,VIII and IX : Optional Subjects

You can check for more details : www.upsc.gov.in

Thank you.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?