14th January 2016, 06:30 PM
Unregistered

Is one year Deck Cadet course enough for joining Merchant Navy?

I want to join merchant navy as a deck cadet after completing one year course of deck cadet. Beside of that i am national swimmer of u.p. My question is that whether this one year deck cadet course is enough for the purpose or not?

14th August 2017, 10:47 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is one year Deck Cadet course enough for joining Merchant Navy?

If you have complete the necessary training from a recognized institute, then surely you will be eligible for job, but make sure you have undergone pre-sea training.

Physical fitness and eyesight also matters in this job. If you have the required credentials, then surely you will get job in merchant navy.
6th September 2017, 07:58 AM
Unregistered

Default Re: Is one year Deck Cadet course enough for joining Merchant Navy?

After completing one year pre sea training diploma in nautical science (Deck Cadet side) from an institute in INDIA, what courses are available abroad for further study and prospects of a better career. I did my 12th class with physics, chemistry, maths before joining the one year course.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?