15th January 2016, 06:55 PM
Unregistered

Possibility to appear in JEE Main for a candidate who hasn't appeared in Board exam?

Sir,
I am a class 12th RBSE student but due to some bad circumstances I haven't appeared in the Board exam. But I have applied for JEE Main. So, I can appear in JEE Main? Is it possible?

Related Questions:
  1. Possibility to apply in JEE Main & Advanced for a candidate who has appear JEE Main twice?
  2. Can I apply for JEE Main 2016 twice, one on the basis of 12th and another on the basis of Diploma?
  3. Can I appear in JEE Advanced this year if appeared in JEE Main last year? -- [New]
  4. Am I eligible to appear in JEE Main at the age of 16 years old being an OBC candidate?
  5. Am I eligible to reappear in JEE Main and Advanced if reappeared in Higher Secondary Board exam?
  6. Am I eligible to appear in JEE Main being an NIOS candidate? Whether the subjects enlisted for JEE Main is as per NIOS Board?
  7. Am I eligible to appear in JEE Main & Advanced if applied but didn't appear in this year?
  8. Cutoff marks required in JEE Main to get admission in NIT Durgapur for SC candidate who has secured 82% in 12th WBCHSE Board exam?
  9. Can I give JEE Main next year if appear in Maths compartmental?
  10. Can I reappear in JEE Main if scored 96 marks and expecting 70% in 12th Board exam?
  11. Number of permissible attempts for JEE Main and Advance?
  12. Whether a candidate is eligible to appear in Jee Main on behalf of MP-PET if exhausted 3 chances for applying in colleges of Madhya Pradesh?
  13. By joining local engineering college and giving JEE 2016 can I apply for NITs?
  14. Expected rank for a candidate with 86 marks in JEE Main and 85.80% in RBSE? Possibility to get admission?
  15. Expected rank for a candidate who has scored 80 marks in JEE Main?
  16. Can I apply for JEE Main & Advance 3rd time? -- [Most Discussed]
  17. Cutoff marks required in JEE Main and Advanced to study in IIT, IIIT and NIT for a General candidate who has secured 75.6% in 12th CBSE?
  18. Possibility to get admission in NIT with 138 marks in JEE Main and 80% in 12th Board exam? With this marks and percentage I can appear in JEE Advanced?
16th January 2016, 02:10 PM
Prince8645
Senior Member+

Default Re: Possibility to appear in JEE Main for a candidate who hasn't appeared in Board exam?

Yes, you are eligible to appear for examination but not eligible to get admission in any institutes even after qualifying in JEE examination.

As, the eligibility to appear for examination is :-

Candidate must have passed or appearing for 10+2 board examination from recognised board with PCM as main paper for admission in B.tech/B.E course.

So, now you have to wait for another year to appear in board examination and JEE examination for final selection for admission in different government and private institutes.

There is no advantage of appearing for examination other than a practice of appearing for examination and getting information about syllabus of examination.
16th January 2016, 07:07 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Possibility to appear in JEE Main for a candidate who hasn't appeared in Board exam?

Without passing class 12th you will not be eligible for admission in any engineering course. Hence, even if you clear JEE Main on the basis of a appearing candidate then also you will not be eligible for admission.

Therefore, you can appear for the exam but you will not be allowed admission if you don't have document related to your class 12th passing.
16th January 2016, 09:26 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

To be eligible to appear in JEE Main examination, you must have completed 12th standard with Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry subjects from a recognised board. Even if you appear in JEE Main examination without qualifying 12th standard, your examination rank will not be declared and you are not eligible to get admission on the basis of your JEE Main examination score. So, I suggest you to appear in JEE Main examination only after appearing in your 12th standard board examinations.
16th January 2016, 09:53 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir,
I am a class 12th RBSE student but due to some bad circumstances I haven't appeared in the Board exam. But I have applied for JEE Main. So, I can appear in JEE Main? Is it possible?
No, you are not eligible for JEE Main exam.

If you have completed 12th standard from a recognized board with physics, chemistry and mathematics with above 50% marks then you are eligible for JEE Main exam. 5% marks relaxation is provided for SC/ST category candidates. Final year candidates are eligible for JEE Main exam.

Your age should be in between 17 to 25 years.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?