16th January 2016, 11:11 AM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to give the CTET exam after completion of M.Sc?

Hello Sir/Mam.,

Am I eligible for CTET exam after post graduation Msc or i have to do b.ed for giving ctet exam?
Is b.ed compulsory for ctet exam? Can someone please guide me on the same? Awaiting for the answer soon!

16th January 2016, 03:19 PM
Prince8645
Senior Member+

Default Re: Am I eligible to give the CTET exam after completion of M.Sc?

CTET stands for Central Teacher Eligibility Test and examination is conducted by CBSE twice every year for recruitment of candidates as teacher in central government schools

The eligibility to appear for examination is :-

Candidate must have passed 10+2 with two year diploma in education degree or graduation from recognised university with Bachelor in Education degree.

So, you need to pursue B.Ed degree to appear for examination. For more information about examination details visit at http://www.cbse.nic.in
16th January 2016, 08:47 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Yes, B.Ed is compulsory for CTET and you must have this qualification along with your M.Sc degree from a recognized university. Also, you must have 50% marks in aggregate.

Admission in B.Ed is available through entrance exam which is mostly conducted by the concerned university.
16th January 2016, 11:39 PM
palugulavenumadhav
Senior Member+++++

No, you are not eligible to appear for CTET.

The minimum eligibility criteria required to apply for CTET is that the candidate must have passed graduation in B.Ed.

The candidate must have completed Diploma in elementary education/ Bachelor of elementary education/ Bachelor in education/ B.A/ B.Sc.Ed.

The official website is http://ctet.nic.in/CMS/Public/View.aspx?page=39
17th January 2016, 12:53 AM
Jits56
Senior Member++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello Sir/Mam.,

Am I eligible for CTET exam after post graduation Msc or i have to do b.ed for giving ctet exam?
Is b.ed compulsory for ctet exam? Can someone please guide me on the same? Awaiting for the answer soon!
Sorry, you are not eligible for Central Teacher Eligibility Test (CTET) with M.Sc. The aspirant should study a Diploma in Elementary Education, which is a 2 year course or a B.Ed course for the eligibility along with your M.Sc. There are different eligibility criteria for Primary Teacher and Elementary Teacher. The CTET website link is given you can also check the same in the website, http://ctet.nic.in/CMS/Public/View.aspx?page=39
7th July 2020, 09:59 AM
Unregistered

I want to give ctet exam but I recently completed msc microbiology what should I do please guide me
25th October 2022, 01:10 PM
Unregistered

Sir am I eligible to appear for ctet enteranc exam after completion masters degree with appeared b.ed
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?