17th January 2016, 05:12 PM
Unregistered

Is LKG admission allowed at the age of 3 years in CBSE schools?

Hi, My son's DOB is 14 JUL 2013 and he would be completing 3 years by Jul'16. I am planning to put him into LKG in a CBSE school. I am not sure whether he will get admission for LKG, as I hear people stating that the child has to complete 3.5 years to get placed in CBSE. Please clear the confusion?

17th January 2016, 05:54 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is LKG admission allowed at the age of 3 years in CBSE schools?

Yes, what you heard about the age limit which is required to get admission in LKG in CBSE schools is right. The minimum age required to get admission in LKG in CBSE school is 3 1/2 years. Since, your son is 2 years 6 months old, you need to wait one more year to join your son in LKG in CBSE school.
17th January 2016, 07:55 PM
Prashantwin
Senior Member+++++

No, candidate can't get admission at the age of 3 years in CBSE schools.
Age of candidate must be more than 3 years and 6 months on 31st December of the year of admission. So, you have to get your kid admit next year in LKG.
17th January 2016, 08:49 PM
shweta 1411
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are right that you child will be eligible only after completing 3.5 year. Before satisfying age criteria you can't. Your child will be eligible only by feb. 2017. You can try after this very time.
18th January 2016, 01:00 AM
ME471
Senior Member+++++

You had heard correct that the child must be 3.5 years old at the time of admission in LKG. For your kind information i want to tell you that CBSE has specified minimum age of 5 years at the time of admission in 1st standard. So your child must be at least three and half years old at the time of admission in LKG. So you should allow him to play this year. Next year your child will be eligible for getting admission in LKG.
27th August 2017, 03:45 PM
Unregistered

I planned to put my son in LKG in CBSE his DOB is 29/07/2014. Is this is right time to put him in LKG?
28th August 2017, 11:14 PM
manjira...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I planned to put my son in LKG in CBSE his DOB is 29/07/2014. Is this is right time to put him in LKG?
No it is not the right age for admission of candidates in LKG level in CBSE board. The candidates should be of minimum 3.5 years during LKG admission in CBSE board.

CBSE board has not mentioned any minimum age limitation for LKG admission but the board ask to follow the minimum age criteria set by the State/UT government. In most of the states the minimum age for LKG admission is 3.5 years so that during admission in class I the age would be atleast 5 years.
4th March 2020, 10:17 AM
Unregistered

MY daughter has completed 3 years and 3 months whether she will be admitted for LKG?
21st September 2020, 02:13 PM
Unregistered

I planned to put my son in LKG in CBSE his DOB is 15/01/2018. Is that aligible to join in LKG during 2021-2022 academic year?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?