22nd January 2016, 06:40 AM
Unregistered

What qualification is needed for Medical Officer post in Army? How to apply for the post?

Sir,

I have completed my MBBS and going to complete my internship soon. I want to join Indian Army after this. I want to know what qualification is required for becoming medical officer in army. I am eagerly waiting for the DGAFMS notification for joining the Armed Forces. So can you please tell me hwo to apply for the purpose?

Thank you very much sir.

22nd January 2016, 05:09 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What qualification is needed for Medical Officer post in Army? How to apply for the post?

One who wishes to become Armed Forces Medical Officer has to clear entrance exam conducted by Short Service Commission in the Armed Forces Medical Services.

Eligibility criteria required to apply for Medical Officer post in Army are as under :-

-The candidate must be an Indian.

-The candidate who hold MBBS/MD/MS/MCh/DM/DNB/DLO/DOMS/DA degree are eligible to apply for this post. The candidates who hold PG degree may also apply.

-The candidate upper age limit should be 45 years as on January 31,2016.

-Selection of candidates will be made on the basis of interview conducted by a Board of Officers in the month of January 2016 at New Delhi .

For more details, you can login to the website : http://www.amcsscentry.gov.in/
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?