26th January 2016, 07:13 PM
Unregistered

Commerce student who have studied Mathematics can do BCA?

Hi sir/madam

I am a student of commerce site. My subjects are Economics, English, Mathematics, Business Studies, & Accountancy. My interest in a computer courses. I have completed my basic & web designing, ccc & pursuing e-accounting course. I want do bca. So, sir can i do bca.

Thnks sir...

Related Questions:
  1. Qualification required for BCA course. Can a commerce student apply for BCA ? -- [Most Discussed]
  2. Am I eligible to get admission in MCA if I do not have any mathematics paper in BCA but I have studied 12th with mathematics?
  3. Commerce student who have studied Mathematics can do Bachelor degree in Mathematics?
  4. BCA student without Mathematics will be considered for Virtusa job?
  5. Can we join B.E IT after BCA? I am a commerce student
  6. Is it possible to study BBA for a Commerce student without Mathematics?
  7. Can I get admission to study BCA if pursuing 12th Commerce without Mathematics? What are the subjects available to study in BCA?
  8. How to apply for BCA after studying in 12th commerce?
  9. Being a student of commerce can I do well in BCA?
  10. Is it difficult to study BCA for 12th Commerce student? Scope of BCA and MCA?
  11. Can I study BCA if pursuing Multimedia as a subject in 12th Commerce? List of BCA colleges in Gujarat?
  12. Am I eligible for MCA in JNU after passing 12th commerce with 47% from UP board without Mathematics
  13. BCA for student from commerce background?
  14. BCA or B.Com from GNIIT: better option after 12th standard with commerce? Percentage required in 12th?
  15. Can I do BCA after 12th in Arts stream? Can I apply for IBPS bank job?
  16. How can I get a good job in future? I'm a BCA student in 2nd year and have done commerce without Maths
  17. Eligibility of doing Post graduation course in Maths from Punjab University Chandigarh after B.Com from DU and B.Ed from Indraprastha University?
  18. Am I eligible for MCA at JNU? I am a student of BCA from PTU
26th January 2016, 09:18 PM
pabolu srivalli

Thumbs up Re: Commerce student who have studied Mathematics can do BCA?

Yes of course you can pursue BCA course which is the Bachelors of Computer Applications course and this is a 3 years full time or part time degree course and it is completely related to the Computers and you will be thought the languages such as the
  • C
  • C++
  • Java
These languages are thought or studied in the BCA course and you will be having good career options also after completing your BCA graduate degree course

Higher study options which are available are
  • MCA
  • MBA
  • M.sc computer
  • CA
  • CS

These are some of the career higher studies which are available after the BCA degree course and there are also some of the various jobs which are available in Government sectors and also in private sectors also such as the
  • IBPS
  • RRB
  • CTET
  • SSC
  • UPSC Civil services,etc

There are many private sector jobs also available after BCA degree in software sectors also.
26th January 2016, 10:44 PM
Shaenma
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Commerce student who have studied Mathematics can do BCA?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi sir/madam

I am a student of commerce site. My subjects are Economics, English, Mathematics, Business Studies, & Accountancy. My interest in a computer courses. I have completed my basic & web designing, ccc & pursuing e-accounting course. I want do bca. So, sir can i do bca.

Thnks sir...
Yes you are eligible to pursue BCA. BCA stands for Bachelor's in Computer Application. The duration of this course is three years. Anyone who is interested to pursue a career in IT field can go for this course. Most of the top colleges conducts their own entrance exams to choose the deserving candidates while some gives away the seat on a first come first served basis.

BCA Eligibility Criteria:-
  • You need to pass higher secondary examination or its equivalent with not less than 50% marks including English.
  • There is percentage relaxation for the reserved category candidates.
  • The age of the candidate should not be less than 17 years when applying for this exam.
Top BCA Colleges in India:-
  • Christ University
  • Institute of Management Studies, Noida
  • Madras Christian College
  • Symbiosis Institute of Computer Studies & Research
  • Birla Institute of Technology
  • Presidency College
  • Stella Maris College
  • Xavier Institute of Computer Application
Career Opportunities:-
  • System engineer
  • Programmer
  • Web developer
  • System Administrator
  • Software developer
26th January 2016, 11:01 PM
Suraj Singh 7494

Yes you can do BCA. BCA (Bachelor of Computer Application) is a course deals with computer applications and software. For the course a candidate must have completed his intermediate with Arts or Commerce stream. You can prepare for BCA entrance exam to getting admission in top ranked colleges and university. Or in spite of this you have also one another options also which is B.Com. After your intermediate with commerce stream you can also go for the B.Com course which is also very good course for the commerce students. B.Com (Bachelor of commerce) is deals with the subjects of commerce like Income tax, Accounts, business management, and etc. And after your B.com if you want to do higher education than you can do CA (Chartered Accountant) Course and get a high salaried jobs.
26th January 2016, 11:13 PM
kaushikprince
Senior Member++

BCA stands for Bachelor of Computer Application.
It is a 3 year undergraduate course for those who have completed their Higher Secondary or 3 year diploma course from any State Board of Technical Education.
Student of any stream with any subject combination in 12th can join BCA course if the student have passed 12th and fulfill all the necessary condition required by the college for admission in BCA.
So, you can take admission in BCA being a commerce student in Higher Secondary.

In these days, most of the University or college conducts entrance exmaination for admission in BCA or any Bachelor degree course.
So, need to qualify entrance examination if the college in which you are planning for admission conducts entrance examination.

After BCA, students must go for MCA(Master in Computer Application) if they want job easily in this sector.
27th January 2016, 01:03 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible for BCA course.

The candidate should have completed 12th in any stream preferably Science stream with at least 50% marks with Mathematics/ computer science as one of the subject of studies from a recognized Board are eligible for BCA course.

Your age shouldn't be bellow 17 year.
27th January 2016, 08:11 AM
mxsiva4u
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible for BCA after commerce. BCA is Bachelor in Computer application. It is actually a three year course. You will be taught computer programming related subjects during the course. After BCA , you can go for MCA or search job in Multi national companies like Syntel, CTS, TCS, Wipro, Bosch, ITC, PPTS, Mmodal, Dell, HCL, Infy etc., the other option is trying job in government sectors.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?