29th January 2016, 07:02 AM
Unregistered

Is B.Com qualification enough for MA admission in English Literature?

I have studied B.Com degree and completed it with good percentage. Now i want to take admission in MA under English Literature course. So tell me if my present qualification is enough for that?

Related Questions:
  1. What is the qualification required to do M.A English Literature? Is it possible to do M.A English Literature after B.Com
  2. What is the qualification required to do M.A English literature? Is it possible to do M.A English literature after BSc Biotechnology? -- [Most Discussed]
  3. MA in Psychology after B.A in English Literature? MA in English literature along with diploma in Psychology? Duration of diploma course?
  4. Date of availability of forms for M.Phil in English in Literature in DU?
  5. Books to be referred to prepare for the entrance of masters in Linguistics?
  6. Admission procedure to study PhD in English Literature in UK for M.A. postgraduate?
  7. List of good universities providing MA program in English literature?
  8. Information regarding best universities providing M.A in English literature
  9. How much percentage is needed in graduation to join MA English Literature?
  10. Admission procedure to study PhD in English Literature in Ranchi University for M.A. postgraduate?
  11. What should I choose after completion of my BA in English literature? I have a good communication skill in English
  12. Can i pursue MA in abroad after completing BA (English Literature) from JNU?
  13. What is the procedure followed to do masters in English literature in correspondence mode after completion of B.A in English Literature?
  14. Admission procedure to study PhD in English Literature in Oxford University for B.A.(English) candidate?
  15. Is it possible to MA (English Literature) twice?
  16. How to get admission in MA English Literature? I have done B.Com from DU and preparing for civil services
  17. How to do M.A English Literature through distance?
  18. In which country I should pursue M.A. and PhD(English Literature) in Abroad?
29th January 2016, 10:26 AM
Jits56
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Is B.Com qualification enough for MA admission in English Literature?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have studied B.Com degree and completed it with good percentage. Now i want to take admission in MA under English Literature course. So tell me if my present qualification is enough for that?
Yes, B.Com is enough educational qualification to pursue for MA in English course. Those who are interested to pursue for MA in English must study English as a main subject at 12th standard and Graduation level. Since, you have studied B.Com so you are eligible to apply for MA in English course. You should have passed Graduation in any discipline from a recognized university/Institution. Some reputed universities demand for English subject too but it is not compulsory in all cases.
29th January 2016, 12:07 PM
A@yu$h

Angry Re: Is B.Com qualification enough for MA admission in English Literature?

Yes you can do MA in English literature . All you need is a bachelors degree .
29th January 2016, 12:09 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is B.Com qualification enough for MA admission in English Literature?

Eligibility Criteria Required to do M.A in English Literature:

I am sorry to say that you are not eligible to pursue M.A in English after completion of B.Com course. Yes, the minimum educational qualification required to be eligible for doing M.A in English Literature course is "Graduate Degree with English Subject" from a recognized institute. The minimum percentage that candidates must have scored in Graduation is "50% marks". Since you are from Commerce Background, I am really sorry to mention that you are not eligible. I suggest you to continue your studies in the same background to find better opportunities. The best course I would suggest you to find good scope after academics is "Master of Commerce (M.Com) course" rather M.A in English Literature.
29th January 2016, 02:28 PM
kantraman

According to my knowledge one can opt M.A in english only if english is the subject studied in the B.Com.Actually you can do post graduation in those subjects which he has studied in graduation.But for M.A english you must have atleast 55% marks in english subject in graduation.
29th January 2016, 03:38 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

To pursue Masters courses in English literature,A candidate must have done graduation in any discipline or stream with at least 50% marks and 45% for reserved categories from a recognised University.
You can apply in reputed colleges such as IP, Delhi University, LPU, Panjab University, Amity University etc.
29th January 2016, 03:55 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

Yes , definitely you can pursue MBA in English literature after completion of bachelor degree courses in commerce with minimum 50% in graduation and 45 percentage for reserved candidates.
So you can apply in any college to pursue this course with required eligibility criteria of that particular college.
29th January 2016, 04:23 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

If you have studied B.Com in English medium then you are definitely eligible for M.A English admission. Most of the top universities prefer candidates with B.A English qualification.

But still you are eligible because there are many universities in India and they give admission based on your marks in graduation.
29th January 2016, 09:08 PM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are very much eligible for admission in MA(English Literature) course after the completion of your B.Com course provided you should have scored a minimum of 55% in aggregate and should have completed your graduation degree from a reputed University.
29th January 2016, 10:26 PM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

I am extremely sorry to state that with B.Com qualification you cannot pursue MA in English. This is because the basic eligibility for MA course in the field of English is - you need to be a graduate in the field of English or related fields (English Honors). Since commerce is not related to English, so you are not eligible for the course.
29th January 2016, 11:16 PM
Jits56
Senior Member++++

Quote:
Yes, the B.Com qualification is enough for the purpose of studying M.A in English Literature. The eligibility to study M.A English is a pass in bachelor’s degree in any discipline and English as one of the subjects. The duration of the course is 2 years. So you can study M.A in English with B.Com qualification. Some of the colleges require a pass in B.A English to study M.A English.
The course is available in many colleges in regular and distance mode like;
29th January 2016, 11:31 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
No, B.Com candidates are not eligible for M.A in English Literature course.

Eligibility criteria for Masters in English:-

Those candidates who have completed B.A in English from a recognized university with above 50% marks are eligible for M.A in English Literature course.

Your age should be above 18 years.
30th January 2016, 10:26 AM
shweta 1411
Senior Member+++++

To pursue Master’s degree graduation is sufficient as well as compulsory. Any candidate who want to do MA need to pass graduation with at least 50% aggregate with a recognized university. Candidates which are under reserved category need at least 45% aggregate to pursue MA.

Some of the colleges to pursue MA are as under:-

Patna University

Bihar University

Delhi University

PTU

LPU
4th June 2017, 03:33 PM
Unregistered

I completed bcom in 2009. I want do ma course but I have not interests in English. So is there available any other subjects in ma course please suggest me.
6th June 2017, 02:16 PM
LiyaSharan

Lightbulb Re: Is B.Com qualification enough for MA admission in English Literature?

Quote:
I completed bcom in 2009. I want do ma course but I have not interests in English. So is there available any other subjects in ma course please suggest me.
Hi.. Normally MA courses are admitting students who have completed their graduation in discipline. So, you may can join in MA courses other than English like Political science, History, Sociology, Geography, Hindi and other languages etc. You can visit the websites like Delhi university, Loyola College, Lovely Professional University, Shivnadar university etc for more information regarding the course curriculum, fee, campus life etc. Some of the institutes are offering scholarships too.
4th April 2018, 05:17 PM
iamssuhana

Yes, It is sufficient.
Eligibility for MA is:
Pass in graduation any discipline from recognized institutionsl with minimum of 50% marks

The best Universities for English are:

Delhi University,

Jawaharlal Nehru University,

Lovely Professional University,

Jamia Mililia Islamia University,

Banaras Hindu University,

Aligarh Muslim University,

University of Mumbai,

University of Hydrabad,

Jadavpur University,

Gujrat University

Maharaj Sayaji Rao University
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?