29th January 2016, 07:25 PM
Unregistered

Can I study PhD in IT after completion of distance MCA? Should I have to study M.Phil/M.Tech?

Hello,
I have done MCA from Punjab Technical University in Distance Education. I will have to do PhD in IT. So, after MCA in distance mode can I pursue my career for PhD in IT? Should I have to do M.Phil or M.Tech first then I can pursue PhD?
With Regards-
Sudarshan Kumar

Related Questions:
  1. Am I eligible to study PhD in Computer Science if pursuing MCA from SMU?
  2. How can I do M.Phil or PhD through distance learning? Universities and study centres in West Bengal for doing M.Phil and PhD through distance education mode?
  3. Procedure to study PhD in Computer Science in Australia for MCA postgraduate? Topic to study in PhD? -- [New]
  4. Procedure to study PhD in Computer Science in Australia for MCA postgraduate? Topic to study in PhD?
  5. Procedure to study PhD in Abroad after completing MCA?
  6. How can I study distance PhD in Malayalam with 86% in Post Graduation?
  7. Can i do PhD in IT after completing MCA through distance learning or do I need to do pursue M.Phil or M.Tech first? -- [Most Discussed]
  8. How to study distance Homeopathy course being PhD(Parasitology) holder?
  9. Can I study Distance PhD in Sociology if completed MCA and having 10 years worked experience? List of universities for admission?
  10. Specialization available to study in PhD for MCA candidate? Entrance exam to get scholarship?
  11. Distance MCA degree holder is eligible for PhD or not?
  12. Can I take up Ph.D after completing MCA in distance mode?
  13. Which is better to study among B.Sc and BCA in respect to job and salaries? Possibility to study MCA after completion of B.Sc?
  14. Best University to study PhD in Computer Science for distance MCA postgraduate in Ludhiana?
  15. Total expenses to study PhD in Canada for MCA postgraduate?
  16. Am I eligible to do Ph.D course after completion of distance MCA course from SMU?
  17. In which specialization I can study PhD being a MCA postgraduate?
  18. Which is better stream to study in PhD for MCA candidate
18th February 2016, 03:52 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I study PhD in IT after completion of distance MCA? Should I have to study M.Phil/M.Tech?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello,
I have done MCA from Punjab Technical University in Distance Education. I will have to do PhD in IT. So, after MCA in distance mode can I pursue my career for PhD in IT? Should I have to do M.Phil or M.Tech first then I can pursue PhD?
With Regards-
Sudarshan Kumar
You have completed MCA degree so you are eligible for Ph.D in IT. But you must have valid GATE/UGC NET score card.

If you want to do M.Phil/ M.Tech degree then also you can do. M.Phil/M.Tech degree holder candidates are also eligible for Ph.D in IT.

But your masters degree marks must be above 55% for Ph.D course.

There is no age criteria.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?