31st May 2011, 05:06 PM
deppti

Percentage needed in BCA to write CAT exam to get into reputed MBA universities?

I am student in bca 2nd year and my exam is start i want to give the cat exam so that please teel me how many percentage are want in t cat entancre exam, and for take excellent unviersity admission which are required in cat exam .

Related Questions:
  1. ICET MBA or CAT MBA which one is better in all respect?
  2. Among CAT, MAT and XAT which is to appear for studying Regular/Distance/Integrated MBA for B.Com student? List of reputed MBA colleges in Punjab?
  3. What is the difference in CAT MBA and ICET MBA? What is the fee structure, scholarships and post MBA salary?
  4. Percentage required in B.Tech to study MBA in any reputed university with scholarship in Abroad?
  5. How to do MBA in hyderabad? Which are the good colleges on the basis of my CAT score?
  6. Score of which exam is best among CAT, MAT, GMAT and XAT to get admission in reputed university?
  7. How to prepare and write CAT Entrance Exam for MBA course?
  8. Minimum percentile in MBA exams like CAT and MAT to take admission in good reputed institutes? -- [Most Discussed]
  9. How to do MSc in Geography after passing Geography Hons?
  10. How much percentage is required to write CAT exam
  11. Required score to get in CAT Exam in to get admission for MBA in Power Management in a reputed college?
  12. Can I get a job in any IT company after completing BCA? I am doing BCA from a reputed college
  13. Can I pursue MBA course being a candidate working as Software Engineer for 4 years? Is this a good approach of taking coaching for CAT Exam for 1 year to get admission for MBA in reputed college?
  14. It is compulsory to write CAT entrance exam to join MBA college? -- [New]
  15. How to write the CAT entrance this year? Am I eligible for CAT exam? What is the percentage to get into IIM's?
  16. Which exam do I need to write for doing MBA in Canada? Suggestions regarding IELTS?
  17. How to pursue MBA from reputed institutes?
  18. Job opportunities available after BBM? Which are the universities for MBA that required minimum 5 years experience?
14th August 2011, 06:29 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Percentage needed in BCA to write CAT exam to get into reputed MBA universities?

Quote:
Originally Posted by deppti View Post
I am student in bca 2nd year and my exam is start i want to give the cat exam so that please teel me how many percentage are want in t cat entancre exam, and for take excellent unviersity admission which are required in cat exam .
Information About CAT Examination -

CAT Stands for Common Admission Test and the examination was conducted by All Indian Institutes of Management (IIMs).

And To apply for CAT Examination you need to scored minimum 55% marks in your graduation examination. Graduation is the minimum Eligiblity to apply for CAT Examination. Final year Graduate Candidates are also eligible for CAT Examination.

The examination was held only 1 time in a year and for this year Notification and Dates are Updated in the CAT Official Website, The Registration Process will be Starts form 17/Aug/2011. Eligible candidates may fill the application form Online.

Important Dates Of CAT 2011 Examination -

>> Sale of CAT Vouchers - Wednesday, 17 August 2011 - Monday, 26 September 2011

>> Registration for CAT 2011 - Wednesday, 17 August 2011 - Wednesday, 28 September 2011

>> CAT Test Dates - Saturday, 22 October 2011 - Friday, 18 November 2011

>> CAT Result - Wednesday 11 January 2012.

There are Negative Marking in CAT Examination, And The cost of application form of CAT Examination was Rs 1600.

>> Candidates are required to purchase a CAT voucher at selected Axis Bank branches from 17 August – 26 September 2011.

The selection are based on WRITTEN TEST, GROUP DISCUSSION and PERSONAL INTERVIEW.

Top Business Schools -

>> Indian Institute of Management, Ahmedabad

>> Xavier Labour Relations Institute, Jamshedpur

>> Indian Institute of Management, Lucknow

>> Indian Institute of Management, Indore

>> Faculty of Management Studies, Delhi

>> SP Jain Inst of Management, Mumbai

>> Xavier Institute of Management, Bhubaneshwar

>> Institute of management Technology, Ghaziabad

And If you need More Information about CAT Examination Then Please visit the CAT Official website -

http://www.catiim.in
14th August 2011, 06:59 PM
mobeshpal
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Percentage needed in BCA to write CAT exam to get into reputed MBA universities?

hi dear
criteria for joining CAt entrance exam:-
*Candidate pass graduation
*Must be an Indian
*Age-minimum 21 years
no upper age limits

minimum 50% mark in graduation yhen you apply for CAt exam.

Top colleges under CAT:-

*IIM,Bangalore
*IIM,Ahembadabad]
*IIM,Kolkatta
*IIM,Lucknow
*Xavier labour relation institute
14th August 2011, 08:58 PM
ashok880
Senior Member++++

Eligibility criteria for CAT exam:

Education qualification:
Candidate should complete graduation degree from any stream and should maintain 55% marks overall.

Age limit:
No

CAT exam is one of the toughest exam in India.And this exam notification release once every year.And exam will take place in the month of Dec/Jan every year.
14th October 2011, 08:00 PM
Unregistered

i m doing bca,,,,,,,i just want to ask that is doing bca can help me in competing cat or in mba course,,,,,,,,,,or whether i should go for mca????????
15th October 2011, 01:53 AM
imcool.force

Hi dear,
Information About CAT Examination -

CAT Stands for Common Admission Test and the examination was conducted by All Indian Institutes of Management (IIMs).

And To apply for CAT Examination you need to scored minimum 55% marks in your graduation examination. Graduation is the minimum Eligiblity to apply for CAT Examination. Final year Graduate Candidates are also eligible for CAT Examination.

The examination was held only 1 time in a year and for this year Notification and Dates are Updated in the CAT Official Website, The Registration Process will be Starts form 17/Aug/2011. Eligible candidates may fill the application form Online.

Important Dates Of CAT 2011 Examination -

>> Sale of CAT Vouchers - Wednesday, 17 August 2011 - Monday, 26 September 2011

>> Registration for CAT 2011 - Wednesday, 17 August 2011 - Wednesday, 28 September 2011

>> CAT Test Dates - Saturday, 22 October 2011 - Friday, 18 November 2011

>> CAT Result - Wednesday 11 January 2012.

There are Negative Marking in CAT Examination, And The cost of application form of CAT Examination was Rs 1600.

>> Candidates are required to purchase a CAT voucher at selected Axis Bank branches from 17 August – 26 September 2011.

The selection are based on WRITTEN TEST, GROUP DISCUSSION and PERSONAL INTERVIEW.

Top Business Schools -

>> Indian Institute of Management, Ahmedabad

>> Xavier Labour Relations Institute, Jamshedpur

>> Indian Institute of Management, Lucknow

>> Indian Institute of Management, Indore

>> Faculty of Management Studies, Delhi

>> SP Jain Inst of Management, Mumbai

>> Xavier Institute of Management, Bhubaneshwar

>> Institute of management Technology, Ghaziabad

And If you need More Information about CAT Examination Then Please visit the CAT Official website -

http://www.catiim.in

Thanks
13th December 2011, 03:12 PM
Unregistered

I HAVE TO STUDY FOR MCA SO HOW DO I GET ADMISSION ONLY IN PUNE UNIVERSITY
17th January 2012, 03:33 PM
Unregistered

I am studing BscIT in distance from PTU So am i eligible to go for CAT EXamination?????
26th January 2012, 05:09 PM
pops07
Senior Member+++++

No dear,

You are not eligible for CAT in your 2rd year of BCA

MBA are for those who are interested in Business and management and corporate world.

MBA is a 2 years post graduation course.

For MBA, anyone who has completed his or her graduation in any field from a recognized university is eligible for MBA. And final year students who are pursuing their graduation are also eligible.

So you can apply next year.

CAT is conducted by IIMs, the Class A B-schools in India. The total fee for institutes like IIM is around 15 lacs. So prepare well!.

And if you do not do MBA from the top B-schools of India then your degree will be of no value, thousands of students are doing jobs in small farms even after doing MBA.
So if you do MBA then do it from institutes like IIMs, FMS, XLRI.

MBA has many options which you can take as your specialization like...

MBA in Finance

MBA in Health (Pharmaceuticals)

MBA in Consultancy

MBA in Information Technology

MBA in Telecommunications

MBA in Media

MBA in Services

MBA in Human Resources

MBA in Banking
29th January 2012, 12:24 AM
vinay21feb
Senior Member+++

i have passed my 12 exam in science stream with 56%.............. i am interested in doing CA how should i procide ????am i eligible ??????
30th January 2012, 12:42 AM
vinay21feb
Senior Member+++

I gone through the things you have mentioned and I think you will do well in the field of Marketing as it needs communication and Interaction with people,so better you choose this field and go for MBA in Marketing itself.
21st March 2013, 09:40 PM
bhawnarattan
Senior Member+

Quote:
You need to score above 90 percentile to get the best MBA collges..
22nd March 2013, 08:16 AM
sanj69
Senior Member+

CAT - Common Admission Test is an entrance exam conducted by IIM(Indian Institute of Management) for admission to two years MBA(Master of Business Management) course in reputed Institutions under IIM.

The eligible candidate must be an Indian National having completed Graduation in any stream with 50% marks(45% marks for SC/ST candidate) from a recognised University, is eligible to apply for CAT. There is no upper age limit for application to CAT.

Hence being a BCA Graduate with above eligibility criteria, you are eligible to aplly for CAT.

For more information you may log on to http://www.catiim.in
17th May 2013, 05:53 PM
amit89itbhu
Senior Member+++

Hi

As per the basic CAT eligibility criteria

- You should have done graduation from UGC recognised university
- You should score atleast 50% in your graduation
- 45% in case of SC/ST

If you have more then 50% in your graduation, then you can appear for CAT exam.

Try to aim at 99 percentile and above to get calls from the best IIMS.

All the best
25th July 2013, 12:12 PM
Shaenma
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
CAT Exam Details:-

CAT stands for Common Admission Test and this exam is conducted by the Indian Institute of Management. You can sit for this exam if you are seeking admission to the Post-graduate and Fellow Programs in management courses of several management institutes all over India.

Following eligibility criteria needs to be satisfied to give this examination:-

=> You need to be a graduate in any discipline from a recognized university.

=> You also need to ensure at least 50% of marks at graduation level.

=> There is 5% relaxation for the SC/ST candidates. They needs to get 45% of marks in aggregate.

=> A final year student can also appear for this examination.

For the CAT exam you have to give special importance to the following areas:-

1. Quantitative Ability & Data Interpretation- 30 Questions- 1 hr. 10 mins (70 mins)
2. Verbal Ability & Logical Reasoning- 30 Questions- 1 hr. 10 mins (70 mins)

Top CAT Books To Follow:-

Quantitative Aptitude Recommended books for CAT:-

Quant Aptitude by Tata Magraw Hill , Author:Arun Sharma
Quantitative Aptitude by Abhijit Guha
Quantitative Aptitude for CAT by Nishit Sinha

Data Interpretation Recommended books for CAT:-

TMH How To Prepare For The Data Interpretation And Logical Reasoning For The CAT 3rd Edition by Arun Sharma
Quantitative Aptitude for MBA Entrance Exams by Guha Abhijit
R.S. Agarawal books on verbal reasoning

Verbal Ability Recommended books for CAT:-

Student's Companion By Wilfred D. Best
A Communicative Grammar of English By: Geoffrey Leech
8. Business English and Communication By: Clark
Wren and Martin English Grammar
Word Power Made Easy by Norman Lewis

Recommended Business Magazines for CAT:-

Business Line by The Hindu Group
Business Today by India Today Group
Management Compass Career Launcher
Business & Management Chronicle by Chronicle Publications

Hope this helps :-> :->
28th July 2013, 01:31 PM
Dharm27
Senior Member+++++

Quote:

Dear Aspirant,

-->> CAT is the common Admission test. this exam is conducted only one time in the year.....

-->> Since, you are in the 2nd year of your BCA then you are not eligible for CAT Exam this time you have to wait for the next year Because the Final of Graduation degree student can applicable for it not Pre-final candidate applicable.......

Eligibility and Criteria:-

-->> A candidate must have completed at least Bachelor Degree in any discipline from the recognized Universities are applicable for it....

-->> Final year candidate also applicable for CAT Exam....

Percentages:-
  • For General candidate must have secure at least 50% in their Graduation.
  • For SC/ST it is applicable 45%.

Exam Topics:-
  1. Quantitative Ability
  2. Data Interpretation
  3. Verbal Ability
  4. Logical Reasoning

Best Books for Preparation:-

Quantitative Aptitude for the CAT Common Admission Test
Author: Rajesh Balasubramanian
Publisher: Access Publishing (2013)
Price: Rs. 385

How to Prepare for Quantitative Aptitude for the CAT Common Admission Test 5th Edition
Author: Arun Sharma
Publisher: Tata McGraw-Hill (2012)
Price: Rs. 430

How to Prepare for Logical Reasoning for the CAT Common Admission Test 1st Edition
Author: Arun Sharma
Publisher: Tata McGraw-Hill (2012)
Price: Rs. 314

All the best

With Regards.......
DHARM
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?