31st January 2016, 12:57 AM
Unregistered

What is the graduation requirement to apply for IAF?

hello this is khushboo,
I am going 2 give my 10 2 xm in march (pcm) and i want 2 know dt what is the educational qualification required for girls to get admitted in IAF...i mean what % is required in class 12 and in graduation.....can i aplly for IAF after completing my graduation in any field?????? and my eye sight is 6/9 for both the eyes nd i wear spects....so i want 2 know that will i be allowed 2 gv the IAF xm after completing my graduation....
plz let me know the correct process and educational and physical requirement for getting into IAF

31st January 2016, 11:26 AM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the graduation requirement to apply for IAF?

To join Indian Airforce after completion of your graduation you have to appear in the Combined Defence Services Exam that is conducted by Union Public Service Commission twice every year.
Candidate must have citizenship of India. Age limit should be in between 19 to 24 years. Minimum qualification required is graduation from recognised University with at least 50% marks. Candidate must be physically fit as per physical standard given in CDS examination brocher.
31st January 2016, 02:15 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to get recruitment in Indian Air Force after graduation degree from any recgnised university.

To join Air Force, you have to appear and qualify in CDS examination which is conducted by UPSC twice every year.

To appear for examination required qualification is candidate must have passed graduation with Physics and Mathematics as main paper and age between 19-23 years.

Only unmarried candidates are eligible to appear for examination. For more information about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
31st January 2016, 06:23 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

IAF stands for Indian Air force and being an girl the best option for you to join the same is by clearing CDS entrance examination.

CDS stands Combined Defense Services and the same examination is held twice every year by Union Public Service Commission in two stages which includes Written examination and Service Selection Board interview.

--> Also for appearing the same examination for joining Indian Air force Academy, you must have the qualifications which are as here under :-

* You must have the nationality of India with your age lying in betwen 19 years to 23 years.

* You must have completed your graduation degree course or must be in the final year of same with Physics/ Chemistry / Engineering course along with English as your main subject from a recognized university.

* You must be physically and mentally fit as per the service requirement norms.

So being a 12th passed student you do not have to be worried about the marks which you have secured in your 12th or graduation as the marks in the same is not considered and the selection is basically dependent on the performance in the CDS entrance examination.

For more details about the same examination you must visit the website www.upsc.gov.in.
31st January 2016, 06:42 PM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

For girls who want to join in Indian Air Force you should complete graduation with Maths, Physics and chemistry are the main subjects from the recognized university. For this you need to write an exam called " CDS (Common Defense Services ) .

Eligibility for CDS :

>> You should have an age in between 21 to 24 years . There is age relaxation as per government norms

>>Final year candidates can also eligible to apply for it.

But you should submit all your certificates at the time of interview.
31st January 2016, 08:22 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

Being, girl you are not eligible to join IAF after 10+2. So, you have to wait for graduation degree to appear for CDS examination for selection in Air Force.

CDS stands for Combined Defence Services examination and it is conducted by UPSC twice every year.

To appear for examination it is necessary to have mathematics and physics as main paper in graduation and age must be between 19-23 years.

The examination is conducted in two stages as written and SSB candidates have to qualify in both stages for final selection. For more information about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
31st January 2016, 10:23 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

IAF exam is conducted by CDS exam through SSB after graduation degree.

Educational Qualification Required:

For Air Force Academy: B.Sc with Physics and/ Or Mathematics Or Bachelor of Engineering is required

Age Criteria:

For Air Force Academy:- 19 to 23 years
31st January 2016, 10:42 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

You can join Indian Air Force after graduation through CDS exam conducted by UPSC.

The eligibility criteria for CDS exam are as under:-

- Nationality : Indian.

- Educational Qualification:10+2 level degree with Physics and Mathematics or Bachelor of Engineering.

-Age limit:19 years to 23 years.

-Selection Procedure:

*Written Exam

*Interview by Services Selection Board.

If one wishes to join IAF for officer post , then they can appear for AFCAT.

AFCAT stands for Air Force Common Admission Test .

One can apply for Technical Branch,Flying branch and Ground duty branch of Indian Air Force through AFCAT exam .

The eligibility criteria required for AFCAT exam are as under :-

Flying branch :

-The candidate age limit should be in between 20 - 24 years .

-The candidate should have passed Graduation in any discipline with at least 60% marks from a recognized university .

-The candidate should have passed 10+2 with Physics and Mathematics .

-The candidate should have passed Pilot Aptitude Battery Test (PABT).

Physical standards :

Height : 162.5cms for both men and women with correlated weight

Eyesight : 6/6 in one eye and 6/9 in another.

Technical Branch:

-The candidate age limit should be in between 20 - 26 years .

-The candidate should have passed Bachelor of Engineering with at least 60% marks from a recognized university .

Physical standards :

Height :

For Men : 157.5 cms

For Women : 152 cms

Ground duty branch :

-The candidate age limit should be in between 20 - 26 years .

-The candidate should have passed Post Graduation degree in any stream with at least 50% marks from a recognized university . .

Physical standards :

Height :

For Men : 157.5 cms

For Women : 152 cms

Selection procedure :

Screening Test

Psychological Test ,

Group discussion & Interview .
1st February 2016, 12:01 AM
kaushikprince
Senior Member++

After 12th board examination, the best way to join Indian Air Force is via NDA examination conducted by UPSC(Union Public Service Commission) twice in a year in month of April and September.
But in NDA examination, only unmarried male candidates are allowed to appear, so, being a girl you are not eligible to appear for NDA.
Girls can join Defence services after completing graduation through CDS.
CDS stands for Combined Defence Service.
It is also conducted by UPSC twice in a year.
Eligibility to appear in CDS are
-Candidate must be citizen of India
-Candidate must be of age 18-23 years for Military Academy and Naval Academy and 20--24 years for Air Force Academy and Officers Training Academy.
-Candidate must hold Bachelor degree in any disciple from a recognized university for Indian Military Academy and Officer training Academy and any degree in graduation with Physics and Mathematics or B.Tech degree in graduation for Air Force Academy, B.Tech degree for Naval Academy.

So, you can appear in CDS examination if you fulfill the eligibility criteria and qualify to live your dream.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?